Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tanned coyote is home!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Debated on this thread or the dead deer wall thread. Figured I would go this direction with it. I picked up my tanned coyote from Whitetail Specialties tonight. He is one of our TOO guys and a great guy to deal with. I was impressed with the work. Not much else to add other than here it is. Pictures will be the coyote hanging, a closer view of the head, close view of a paw, and how it is on display. Hopefully the display remains in tact. Momma hasn't been downstairs to see it yet. She has a "one dead animal in the living room at a time" rule. I think this is going to fly though. Deer mount, coyote beneath with some sheds on top of it. Seems classy to me? I dunno.

Attachments

• tanned paws 4-16-12.jpg
    tanned paws 4-16-12.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 256
  • tanned coyote 4-16-12.jpg
    tanned coyote 4-16-12.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 251
  • tannned head 4-16-12.jpg
    tannned head 4-16-12.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 237
  • tanned coyote display 4-16-12.jpg
    tanned coyote display 4-16-12.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 243

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks good Phil. If she don't like it there then I suggest laying it on her when she is asleep :smiley_crocodile:

Funny. I figured you would tell me to lay a mushroom tattoo on her forehead while she was asleep? You must be slipping in your old age. :smiley_crocodile:

Nice Phil, great addition to your trophy room, next is a Turkey in full strut!

Thanks Aaron. Not even going to try this one though. First step: Find a turkey. Second step: Actually kill the turkey. Third step: Figure out the game plan on where the heck to put him. Leaning towards spreading out the tail feathers on a flat board or display with the beard and spurs attached somehow. Place it in the office in the basement.

I will focus on achieving steps one and two before i worry about where I will put it though. haha

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

Next question: Whitetail Specialties told me I would be able to have this mounted at a later date the way he skinned it out and had it tanned. He also told me I could cut it and lay it out flat or mount it to the wall spread out. I am thinking about slicing it right up the belly so it spreads out flat across the armoire. Thoughts? Leave it in tact and the way it is? Or. . . .slice it up the belly and lay it flat on here? Would display sheds better that way in my opinion. I also need to find some better sheds to display. I just grabbed a handful which were laying in my office next to the printer. Didn't really dig around for the biggest ones.

Huckleberry Finn

You can always shoot another coyote, display it however you want...

(Though, I probably wouldn't cut it, but that's just me)

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I like it!
I think one night, after a few beers, you should drape that across your back and go crawling into the bedroom after the wife falls asleep and growl loud enough for her to hear you. Be sure to have a camera rolling to get her reaction.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Phil here is a photo of a coyote that was done at a house I worked in not to long ago. It was laid out flat on the back of the couch and had the head done.

uploadfromtaptalk1334694864228.jpg