Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In Cincy

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just stop on any street corner and eat a hotdog with chilli on it. Seems they like that stuff down there.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just stop on any street corner and eat a hotdog with chilli on it. Seems they like that stuff down there.

That ain't chili! That's meat soup!!! LOL!

I lived with a girl for a while that was from Cincy and we used to argue about chili all the time. I made some one time and told her that was what real chili looked like and she got awful pissed about it!!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
"Cincy " chili sucks. Smells and tastes like canned dog food! My kids were so tired we just went to a good little deli and got on our way.

Montgomery Inn is good but I didn't wanna take the time.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Smokey Bones
Champps
Mitchells Fish Market
DaShas
Poppadeuxs
Putters 2putt

If you want to splurge and spend some green on a great steak try:
The Precinct
Jags
Jeff Rubys

JL Alexanders in centerville&norwood has great steaks for half of what the others charge though.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
No Sean. There are actually 3 of them. They are in Milford, Bethany(west Chester area) and the Putters 2Putt is only 15 minutes from my house off RT 48 in Maineville(south Lebanon exit off I71). Haven't been to the Milford one yet but like the other two. The food is pretty good. On Saturdays, P2P has live local bands starting around 10ish.

I told Charles, if anyone is in the area, give me a call. If I'm not at work or tied up, I'd meet y'all somewhere for a beer or two.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
You guys are naming some restaurants that are chains you can find pretty much anywhere.....
But for some one-off Cincy only choices -
Izzy's is pretty much a good choice, make sure you get a potato pancake with your Reuben
On the west side, Price Hill Chili would be a good choice - get one of their breakfasts with goetta, big flat slabs, any time of day....or one of their sandwiches. Very interesting place.
Also on the west side, Maury's Tiny Cove is a restaurant where you can get a great steak in an atmosphere that'll make you feel like Tony Soprano might walk in at any moment.
Also, look across the river in Covington - some good little restaurants over there.
Already mentioned, Montgomery Inn is a no-brainer, along with the Precinct.
If you're looking for a fast lunch, any of the Penn Stations are good (although you can find that chain elsewhere too, so it isn't as special).

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
"Cincy " chili sucks. Smells and tastes like canned dog food! My kids were so tired we just went to a good little deli and got on our way.

Montgomery Inn is good but I didn't wanna take the time.

Shit - guess I was a little late with my response. But if you go back with just the wifey....

As to your assessment of Cincinnati style chili, I can't speak to that, as I am not accustomed to eating canned dog food.
However, I did check with God, and he confirmed that there is in fact a Skyline Chili in Heaven. He said "Of course...it wouldn't be Here without it, would it?"

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We ended up getting just outside of Cincy and ate at McAlisters Deli in Mason I believe that was the area (by all the shopping). Food and service was good. I like a good sammich. Thanks for all the replies fellas. I will look these places up when I get back down there. I didn't get fat by not trying new places ;)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We ended up getting just outside of Cincy and ate at McAlisters Deli in Mason I believe that was the area (by all the shopping). Food and service was good. I like a good sammich. Thanks for all the replies fellas. I will look these places up when I get back down there. I didn't get fat by not trying new places ;)

Been ther a couple times Beener. Great sweet tea and a BLT was the ticket!