Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Job was cancelled...todays project.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Had a spray job cancelled for today because of wind. So I have the guys finishing up another job. Looked at my honey do list and decided it all could wait ;) Needed to shoot my bow some but again then wind was a deterrant. My target was looking awefully beat up out there so I drug it inside to work on it.

I recently purchased a target cover from Skeeter Creek which you just slip your old target into....basically a skin replacement. Before I did that I decided to add some old carpet padding to fill in the size differece and some weak spots in my old bag.

It also came with an at least 5mil bag to place the target your old target in to help keep it from breaking down due to water damage. So I stuffed everything into the plastic bag then into the new cover.

Filled in the rest of the spots with the carpet padding and closed it with the supplied zip ties. Now I have years more of service with minimal investment.

Huckleberry Finn

I have a 20 x 16 McKenzie travel pro target...that's barely stopping my arrows anymore. If I were to use it as the core of a bag with one of these cover replacements, would that work?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yes, but you would have to find other media to stuff in it. Old shirts, blankets, carpet padding or the like cut into strips work well. They also have smaller covers I believe. I like the bigger one because then I can fling more arrows which is helping build the muscle memory and stamina.

Last edited: