Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Accident

Huckleberry Finn

Well on mile 1,044 of my week long trek back and forth PA and Ohio, I had an accident happen in front me tonight.

I stopped in Wadsworth for some much needed Chipotle break and got back on 76 East and was cruising behind a semi in the right lane. On a further exit, a punk in an Eclipse passed me on the right, using the exit ramp widened lane to pull between me and the semi, cutting me off. I thought, well, there's an idiot. A mile later and I crested a hill just in time to see the idiot drifting lanes, clipping a Honda and spinning around no less than 3 times in traffic before landing in the median. Very surprised he didn't flip. Traffic slowed by thankfully there wasn't the sudden braking by others to cause an accident. Both drivers looked ok but I dialed 911 and reported the accident anyways...left my info as a witness per the operator's request. Stupid sonofabich was driving like he was stealing it and almost killed someone in the process...thankful it wasn't me.

Anyone know how to find Highway Patrol accident reports?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My wife said you can get on the State Highway Patrol website and request reports, but it costs money. You also need to know the names of the drivers involved. She said you might be able to call that branch of the State Highway Patrol and ask about the accident, but they might give you the runaround.

If you recall I posted about a high school kid paralyzed in an accident. My wife is working on the case and she just had to request the accident report the other day. It was done online with a fee. But, again, she knew the names of the people involed. Hope this helps.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Scary crap isn't it!....Last summer I was doing yard work and heard a hell of a crash and started running through the back yard to see a pick up come to a rest upside down and on the sidewalk! I helped the driver climb out and by that time the squad was there and cops, He was lucky to come out with only a few scrapes and cuts. Thank god no on coming traffic was close!!....As I was running I was thinking of my first aid course and what I need to do, Gald I didn't have to use it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang, Huck... I'm sure glad you weren't involved in that mess. I76/SR224 is a dangerous stretch of road. Not sure why... It's really nothing out of the ordinary... But for some reason, there's always at least one dumbass driving through there. Just a couple months ago, a young kid from Wadsworth got onto 76 eastbound and he was driving west... hit a guy head on and killed him.

Huckleberry Finn

Thanks Cottis. I wonder if I filed a Freedom of Information act?

--

JBrown - the drive east on 76 isn't bad, it's the west bound through Akron that always make me pucker. That 21A exit from 76 to 77...the underpass and then the exit. I was with dad a few years ago when he got rearended there (on my college interview visit no less) and get all worked up every time I get off there...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i have the unfortunate experience of watching someone die.. its not all its cracked up to be i will tell you that much.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Glad to hear you didn't get caught up in the accident Huck, we just got back from our trip South, and I couldn't believe all the idiot drivers out there... amazing!