Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

$200 Fish Bounty

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea, snakeheads are bad news. They've been a threat here in the states for several years now. I really hope they never make it into the Great Lakes.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I thought snakeheads were from Asia not africa. were brought in as a chinese delicacy. A few were relesed and they began to multiply. They can get into a lake or pond and kill everything in it. Then when it rains they can actually go overland to another body of water. Some people want them for aquaeiums but have no idea how big they get and how muvch they will eat. it is illegal to possess one in the U.S.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I thought snakeheads were from Asia not africa. were brought in as a chinese delicacy. A few were relesed and they began to multiply. They can get into a lake or pond and kill everything in it. Then when it rains they can actually go overland to another body of water. Some people want them for aquaeiums but have no idea how big they get and how muvch they will eat. it is illegal to possess one in the U.S.

That's what I heard a few years ago.

In Asia to release a live snakehead is a good thing. I want to say it was to bring good luck or word of evil spirits or something like that.