Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hvac

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hey guys. Need y'all to do me a favor. Keep your eyes open for a home central air system. The one that's In my house now is the original from 1972. Electric and no heat pump. Sucker costs a fortune to run hence the reason I heat with a woodstove and have ceiling fans in ever room. Thinking about selling or renting and want to replace the inside and outside unit before I do. I'll do the install myself, I just need to find a unit for a good price. Many of these cookie cutter builder homes have units that are undersized and people are replacing them. I know there has to be used units out there somewhere. Oh. The house is 1,900 sq feet, 3 bedroom no basement. Thanks guys. Appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't know. I haven't sat down and looked into how it works. I am assuming both. The heater in that sucker will run an electric bill up 250 a month if you let it run in the winter. And the house is super insulated. It's just that inefficient.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Give me a call Joe there is some stuff you need to know about a/c units before you go spending money on something that you cant end up using anyways.