Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Railroad ties

Buckmaster

Portage
Long shot here....but does anyone have any leads here in NE Ohio for a deal on RR ties?

I think I need about 34-40 of them to create a raised bed for my garden.

I got the topsoil delivery yesterday; now I just need to box it in.

Attachments

• Dirt.jpg
    Dirt.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 223

Schu72

Streetsboro
Ben..we used to get them for free from the Mingo Juction Plant. You kind of had to pick threw to get the better ones but they were free. If you are interested in doing this let me know. My pops is retired now, but could probably make a call.

Buckmaster

Portage
I need them here at my place in Portage County. At 200 pound each time 35 of them that's about 7,000 pounds worth. I think my little trailer can accomodate 1,000 pounds, or make 7-8 trips, or have someone deliver them.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My cousin, Mike Scott (Cynergyone) on here, works for the railroad and is often in Northern Ohio, mid Ohio, or Steubenville/Mingo area. He may know of something for you. If you would like his cell number let me know or maybe PM him on here. He doesn't get on much, but he may see the message through his email. Let me know. If you need a quick response just text me or something... 740-317-7948.

Last edited by a moderator:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Talk to me about this place Ryan. I am going to need some this summer to build my backstop. I am putting in a range on one of our properties. Need to get over my spring hump, and then I am going to hit it hard. Does this place sell them or what is the deal? Would love to know. Thanks

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Sutherland Lumber in Circleville had a stack of them around February. I don't know if all Sutherland Lumber carries them or not.