Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Honored

Huckleberry Finn

To the TOO Gang,

I just wanted to say that I was honored this evening to return home to a package from ya'll. I didn't know what to expect, but I sure as hell didn't open it in front of my parents!

I'll post a picture tomorrow, but the package contained a plaque engraved with my name "for my outstanding commitment to those in need" from TOO. I don't know who is behind it, but thank you... I'm flattered....

While it's gonna take a lot of luck or several years before I kill a deer to rival the hunters on this forum, I appreciate the brotherhood of this site above all else. Being young and single I am often able to go out of my way to meet ya'll and have met a large percentage! In TOO, I have family all across the state. It's been a privilege to lend a helping hand or an ear when I have been able too... I don't feel like I've done anything out of my way and the gift wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it. And as one of the younger members, I am grateful for all the advice, help, and wisdom that is often extended my way. Giving back to this forum and being a part of this brotherhood is an absolute blessing...and I'm just honored to be commemorated as such.

Huck Finn

Last edited by a moderator:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wasn't anything I know about. Must have been for your hard work, service, commitment, dedication, and time spent holding Cottis' third leg. lmao

On a serious note, congratulations!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Steve you're a huge part of what this site is all about.... you've gone out of your way more times than I can remember or know about too help folks out or just give words of encouragement.... well deserved in my book.... also this is the first I've heard about it so it wasn't a planned thing by us..... and I kind d of agree with Charles about Mike getting it first hahaha :)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah buddy! Someone brought this up to me and then they ran with it...

Huckleberry Finn

Thanks fellas.

Maybe this Huck Finn character should stick around, seems like he's a nice guy instead of the asshole, punk Capt Ernie!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Steve, you are mature beyond your years. Congrats!

Couldn't have said it better.

Steve, you're a hell of a good man, and there's no doubt that you're going to do some great things in life. You already have for that matter, and you're just on the threshold of beginning the next phase of things.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Steve, had no clue what was going on, but agree with it totally. There are some very enjoyable memories of hunts from the turkey blind to the tree stand in October. It is a honor to call you friend.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well deserved recognition IMO. Steve, you are a very good dude. Young,bright,ambitious and caring. It's nice to know there are a few of your generation like you around these days. Too bad there aren't more of you! Glad to have you apart of the TOO family!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Steve, you are mature beyond your years. Congrats!

Steve, had no clue what was going on, but agree with it totally. There are some very enjoyable memories of hunts from the turkey blind to the tree stand in October. It is a honor to call you friend.

Well deserved recognition IMO. Steve, you are a very good dude. Young,bright,ambitious and caring. It's nice to know there are a few of your generation like you around these days. Too bad there aren't more of you! Glad to have you apart of the TOO family!

I had no idea either, bud... But these 3 quotes really sum it up. You're a good dude, Steve.