Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

hopeful... but for a different reason.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
014.JPG

I stuck this picture in the wrong place recently. I was asking for some "new eyes" to see if it looked like there was a little bone on its head. for the most part the response I got was that it was just a yearling anyway. I know, but I'm getting kinda antsy, I havent gotten one buck on camera all year, not one. I thought this would be a first.

I have repositioned this cam and hopefully will get a better angle on the next one. In hindsight I might try increasing the resolution on the camera too. I was worried at first about memory size and battery life when i first set this up, but it doesnt seem to be an issue.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
well the picture sort of worked, just have to remember to resize it befor I post it.

If you attach a photo it shows up as a thumbnail bud. If you click it, it gets bigger. I need to add a border around them so people know it's a thumbnail.. Just one of those things on the list.

The deer doesn't look to be a spike or anything. I can't see for sure but he looks to have a rack.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I think with that new angle we should see some better pics next weekend for sure.

maybe with the new camera I got today I'd be able to get a little more resolution.
They were out of the 35's like yours, but I went there with the intention of buying a cam and I wasnt leaving empty handed. so I bought a 46.
It was a couple bucks more than yours so i could only get one. but I was impressed with the picture quality and shutter speed of yours so I made the command decission to break out the credit card.
(hope the missus dont find out)

next one will be a BEC just gonna have to save some more money first.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
maybe with the new camera I got today I'd be able to get a little more resolution.
They were out of the 35's like yours, but I went there with the intention of buying a cam and I wasnt leaving empty handed. so I bought a 46.
It was a couple bucks more than yours so i could only get one. but I was impressed with the picture quality and shutter speed of yours so I made the command decission to break out the credit card.
(hope the missus dont find out)

next one will be a BEC just gonna have to save some more money first.

Wonder if they ever got anymore in after I bought the last 2 they had on the shelf a few weeks ago lol. I think you will like the 45 just the same as you would have the 35. When you going out to put up the new cam ?

Don't worry about the misses...just tell her it's my cam and your borrowing it....because mine are yours after all LMAO

I will second the BEC...I will have one. Thought it was going to be this year but things just didn't work out like I expected but, I should have one next summer for sure.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
If that deer has bone on its head I would say that by the body size you would want to let it walk. It might be the angle of the picture but it looks kinda small and young.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Guess I don't have permission to access your picture Dante. I still say it is a buck though. Even if not, just to give you some encouragement! You sounded like you really needed it to be a buck. haha

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Guess I don't have permission to access your picture Dante. I still say it is a buck though. Even if not, just to give you some encouragement! You sounded like you really needed it to be a buck. haha

You can't expand the pic? Does it give you a permission error?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dante, Did you put the Primos out yet or are we doing that this weekend ?

I am chomping at the bit lol. I want to go check the cams so bad right now it's not even funny.

I don't know how people can put them out there and leave them for a month or longer without checking to see what's on it lol. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting to peak at my presents :D.

Matt

Norton, OH
Dante, Did you put the Primos out yet or are we doing that this weekend ?

I am chomping at the bit lol. I want to go check the cams so bad right now it's not even funny.

I don't know how people can put them out there and leave them for a month or longer without checking to see what's on it lol. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting to peak at my presents :D.

Get you a BEC and you don't have to worry about waiting to check it. ;)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Get you a BEC and you don't have to worry about waiting to check it. ;)
I tried to win one at the BEC Shoot lol. Somebody won 2 of the 3 cams that was being raffled off and I was left with a ticket stub lol. That's about the only way I could/can afford one right now. I will have one next summer but I doubt I will have enough to blow on an Orion PC base cam though :(

Last edited: