Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well It's out of storage

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, I finally got the boat out of storage and got it dusted off and rigged (mostly) for the water.... Gotta pick up a couple of new fire extinguishers since the old ones are finally dead lol.... So once I get those installed and get the rest of my tackle in there I'll be hitting the water...... Mixed emotions about it when gas is 3.78 a gallon..... If I fish like I normally do I might break the bank lol..... We'll see..... I guess the river is on fire right now..... Might be there this weekend.....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I need to get mine together too. Congrats on getting one of the joys of spring out of the way!

epe

Lancaster
Need to get mine ready to go to Dow lake this weekend. Electric motor only for me so it won't be too bad on gas this weekend..

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Subject line made me think you finally got sex... lol

O well... At our age, the boat is probably just as good.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Which river Jay?

The Ohio Dale.... had so.e buddies down there this weekend and the smallmouth are really hungry lol.....

Mike when I get it out on the water and do its maiden voyage for the year I'll call you and we can get your dad out and wet a line.... I just want to put a little run time on it too make sure everything works first.... nothing worse than planning on something then have something not working lol....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Heading too the river in the morning, got all the tackle rigged as well as the boat.... Ran it in the driveway for a few minute to get all the fogging oil out of the cylinders and it smokes like a chimney for a minute of two lol.... Neighbors don't appreciate it but wha tthe hell..... Hope it all goes well.... A couple of buddies are going with their boats so if anything happens too any of us we have a tow boat lol..... I'll post the results with pictures hopefully lol .......

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well made it out and on the water by 0700.... Caught 5 on our first spot and a few here and there the rest of the morning.... All in all a great first trip out for the year.... Boat ran fine and all accessories worked as advertised lol..... Cold start too the morning but was shedding outer layers as the day progressed..... Nothing over 2lbs but still a good limit would of been weighed if it was a tourney.....