Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote Shot Patterns

I patterned some coyote ammo, today and was pleasantly surprised.

Dead Coyote Ts:
44 pellets @ 50 yards.
Pattern 24" wide & 21" tall.
8" above center...or 8" above the target dot.

42 pellets @ 40 yards.
Pattern 24" wide & 21" tall.
10" above center.

Remington HD in BBs:
64 pellets @ 40 yards.
Pattern 28" wide & 22" tall.
10" above center.
The above patterns will be used for coyotes.

This ammo/pattern may be used for turkeys. I want to pattern some #5s, before I make a decision on what I'll actually use for turkeys. This pattern sounds good, but wasn't as impressive to me, in shot density, for turkeys.
#4 Hevi-Shot:
296 pellets @ 40 yards.
Pattern 30" wide & 33" tall.
6" above center.

How do your patterns compare to these...for coyotes and turkeys? :smiley_chinrub:
Thank you, Bowhunter57

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I shoot a Remington duplex load fuggin deadly.. It's a shell full of 4s and 6s. Instead of the white powder buffer they fill the voids with 6s.. Almost 2 oz of shot in a 3 inch shell.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
JBrown,
I agree with you, on the #5s.

Would you use the Dead Coyote T shot for turkeys? I wouldn't hesitate to use it for geese, out to 50+ yards.

Bowhunter57

That's a good question. Is there any need to use T shot for turkeys??? Seems kind of big to me.... for head shots anyway. And I don't use anything bigger than BBs for geese. When I'm shooting Hevi-Metal, I use #2s for geese. Normally, if they're out there at 45+ yards, I'm not shooting anyway. All of my enjoyment in waterfowling comes from decoying birds to point blank range and making them do backflips.