Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gum - My best friend and comfort...

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Ever feel like you're about to go nuts - always on edge, explosive, and shaky? Dang! That's what I feel like right now. I'm on day 3 of quitting dipping. It's been rough so far but I've been able to ignore the cravings by changing my thoughts to something - anything else. Ugh! Day 2 was worse than day 1, and day 3 - today - is worse than day 2. They say the first 3 days are the hardest, frankly, I don't remember struggling like this the other times I "quit". I'm not ever going back!

To health, longevity, prosperity, and the enjoyment of life, my friends!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
For me, it is week 3 where my cravings come back when quitting a vice. I'm dealing with week 2 on one right now and I can feel the itch building...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Goodluck, I need to quit too. Watch it with the gun too, though. I haven't found any that doesn't contain aspartame (SP?) which has been linked to causing cancer TOO. Just saying.

Hang tough and Goodluck JJ

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Prayers sent for it JJ. I dipped for 16 years and quit cold turkey. I had my mind made up though and it wasn't bad.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Day 4. Only one craving so far that was nothing more than a passing thought. Two buddies and I drove to Catfisherman's Paradise this morning at 430am and fished until about 500pm. This probably helped keep my mind off of it, but then again, I'm past the first 3 days they say is the hardest.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Just a little update - It's been almost 1 week shy of 4 months since i quit. It feels good to not be a slave to Big Tobacco anymore. ;) As you can imagine, the cravings have been completely gone for awhile now, and after the first week of quitting the struggle was almost non existent.

buckstar25

T-county
Congrats on quitting, I feel your pain. I have chewed Cope religiously for 18yrs, I quit for a year and a half but fell off the wagon again. I used the herbal snuff when my cravings were peaked and it helped me a ton! Stay dedicated to it man, good luck and congrats again!