Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SHTF/Camping gun

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
So I just ordered $2000 worth of parts to build AR's that are going to take 90 days to get in then this comes along.

[video=youtube;xMWTN-xQo_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMWTN-xQo_g[/video]

This is going to be my next purchase. Dang, I really want this one but gun funds are low... I guess it is time to start saving again after getting the funds together for my AR optics.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice concept! Seems like a simple idea. Can't believe they hadn't done this sooner.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think Ruger makes a gun a little more suitable for camping and such. I have one, but can't remember what the heck its called. Its a challenger, or charger... :) Basically a cut down 10/22. Does a pretty fair job on squirrels and such. I put a sling on it to make toting it a bit easier. It would also be a poacher's dream if a person were so inclined!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Whatever the heck its called, here's mine...

Attachments

• 9325_1114617919156_1638201863_312278_4279267_n.jpg
    9325_1114617919156_1638201863_312278_4279267_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 156

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never could understand the use for the 22 pistol they made. I suppose for those wanting to hunt squirrels with a handgun it would be ideal. With a sling, I would think it would make a pretty nice gun for a trapper as well. I suppose the Mark II isn't for everyone. That is what I have if I just want to shoot a bunch on the cheap.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't know that I would really call it a pistol. Its sort of a hybrid kinda thing. You can shoot it a heck of a lot more accurately than a person typically would a pistol. I shot a squirrel in a cornfield at over 100 yards with it last year. I don't think there is a really good justification for it though, I can't really think of a reason I NEED it, but it sure is fun to shoot!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang that take down .22 is a nice little piece! It sure would be nice to be able to pack a rifle into a backpack if you ever needed to.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Brock I like the charger also but prefer a true rifle length when possible especially for the kids so they can plink more effectively while camping.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Brock I like the charger also but prefer a true rifle length when possible especially for the kids so they can plink more effectively while camping.

That is certainly a good reason. I will say though, you mount the short bipod on the front of the charger and shoot it off a picnic table, I don't know how a person could shoot better. I all honesty, it is scary accurate and my kids love shooting it. Having said that, they have a couple of 22 rifles to shoot as well. :)