Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Drug Tests for Welfare Recipients

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I worked for a few years as a crop insurance adjuster. If a farmer had ever had a conviction for a drug related crime he wasn't eligible to receive the payment. We had no way of really checking but that is the rule. I was talking about it with another adjuster once, she actually had a farmer with a claim that was waiting trial for killing his wife. By law he was eligible to receive payment.

I have no problem with testing welfare recipients for drugs but I hope the situation isn't the same where smoking a little weed makes you ineligible but murder is OK.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
I think we should test everyone...the results would be shocking

Agreed!! My boss (president of the company) and his wife own a couple other businesses. He says finding decent, not quality or even good, but decent workers is so hard because they can't pass the drug test. It's much easier for them to suck off the system.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
How bout those people that get SSI because they cant work due to their drug and alcohol dependency.

Gotta wonder how much all those drug tests are gonna cost.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I sure hope so! They need to be a visual test TOO. I have had to do visuals to get into certain jobs to earn my money....They can do it to get their couch money.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I believe Kentucky was also going to make this happen. I agree 100%. Most people have to pass a drug test to get a job. No reason those living off the system shouldn't have to do the same thing.

Dante- drug tests are not very expensive. I am certain the money saved would far outweigh the money spent on tests.