Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tic or skeeters ?

What one will be the worst ?

• Total voters

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just wondering what one will be killing ya during turkey season.

I have pulled a couple tics off me already and can only imagine what it will be like in another couple weeks.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ticks. Thermacell will battle the skeeters for me, but it won't bother the ticks. We found a tick on Remi last week. TOO damn early for that!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Might I add that now everytime I think I feel something crawling I freak out and have to check to make sure it's not a tick lmao.

It is going to be BAD this year.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've pulled countless ticks off me, my wife, and kids over the years. No ill effects so far...though I do have a really weird, and painful type of arthritis!:) Anyone ever had Lyme disease? I'd rather flick a few ticks off me than get into mosquitos as I did last spring. Thank Gawd for thermacell!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
The bugs are going to be horrible this year in general no matter what kind of bug you are talking about. I don't know why but it seems like I hardly ever get ticks on me. I have before but I bet I can count the number of ticks that have been on me in my whole life on two hands.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I voted for both. The mild winter has an effect on both the ticks and the mosquitoes. All the standing water and the unusually early warm temps are giving the mosquitoes a head start this season. And the black legged ticks (deer ticks) are spreading like wildfire across Ohio right now... Yippee.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Like Jesse said the thermacell will take care of the skeeters but the ticks are gonna be terrible!!!! they were really bad around here last year and I figure with the mild winter this year the ticks are gonna run rampant!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Might I add that now everytime I think I feel something crawling I freak out and have to check to make sure it's not a tick lmao.

It is going to be BAD this year.

I hate that!! I'll be having that itchy, crawly feeling all day after I find ticks on me. Hate those bastards.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I voted skeeters. Found one tick on me last year. I have already seen mosquitoes pretty thick this year. It is only March!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I voted skeeters. Found one tick on me last year. I have already seen mosquitoes pretty thick this year. It is only March!

I've been getting a lot of mosquito complaints already at the office. While some of them are indeed mosquitoes, mostly what I've found lately is people mistaking midges for mosquitoes. Understandably so... the midges look damn near identical to mosquitoes, except they don't have any biting mouthparts or a proboscis.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I haven't had any skeeters out at our woods yet but the ticks are horrid. Don't get me wrong, when the skeeters come out to play they will be THICK and bleed you dry before you can get to the other side of the woods. Just ask Dante lol. I think we both have lost half our blood supply to those fuggers the last 2 years lol.

I normally don't have an issue with ticks as they leave me alone for the most part. Just find myself thinking that they are going to be very abundant this spring out there since I have found more on me the last 2x out to the woods then I did in the last several years combined. NOT good.