Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A Knock at the Door

There was a knock on the door this past Saturday morning. I opened it to find a young, well-dressed man standing there who said:

"Hello sir, I'm a Jehovah's Witness."

So I said "Come in and sit down."

I offered him a fresh cup of coffee and asked "What do you want to talk about?"

He said, "Beats the shit out of me, nobody ever let me in before."
:smiley_chinrub:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
:smiley_crocodile:

True story.

A friend of my dad's years ago was working in the yard when a car load of JW's pulls in.

2 women get out and start talking to him.

Dad's buddy listens for awhile then says "Sister's do you believe in a hereafter?

They responded "Yes!"

So dad's friend says "Well then come on in the house because I'm here after all I can get!"

Needless to say they never came back.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
:smiley_crocodile:

True story.

A friend of my dad's years ago was working in the yard when a car load of JW's pulls in.

2 women get out and start talking to him.

Dad's buddy listens for awhile then says "Sister's do you believe in a hereafter?

They responded "Yes!"

So dad's friend says "Well then come on in the house because I'm here after all I can get!"

Needless to say they never came back.

That's Right!:smiley_blackeye:rotflmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Had one stop by my house one time. She insisted on handing me the pamphlet. I assured her I would not be reading it and to pass it on to someone that might benefit from reading it. She said, no you keep it in case you change your mind. I told her "Well, it might come in useful here real soon. I was just about to go outback and start the fire. I appreciate it." She hasn't been back since, but that was just over the winter.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The best deterrent I've seen for JWs was a ketchup stain on my concrete front porch, a couple strips of yellow safety tape (that reads "Police Line/Crime Scene") and a JW pamphlet laying close by. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57
I woulda thought you had Claymore's out frontrotflmao