Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Packet

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
I am making a hunting folder to keep track of my hunting experiences. My question is what would you guys put in the folder if it were you? So far I have a drop chart for my. 243, hunting log for distance of shot,time,temp,location, etc. Plus a stack of permission slips for my record if stopped by the DNR, Plus I plan on putting in some topo maps of the properties I hunt. All in a three ring binder...let's hear your ideas!!!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For deer hunting, I include which stand I hunt. I include wind direction, temperature, conditions (windy/rainy/sunny), and deer seen. You might even log which direction they come into your stand from. Time of hunt (330pm-7pm ex). I guess that would be the duration of the hunt. Something I plan on paying more attention to next year is the moon phase. Milo was texting with me on stand one day when I was not seeing anything. He had some great input on phase of the moon and where it was in the sky when I got into the stand. Made me think a lot and i think this could benefit me much more in the future. I might hunt less at certain times or choose evening over morning other days, or skip some days altogether. I personally need to hunt smarter sometimes. Sometimes I think less is more.