Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deerassic Classic

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Does anyone attend the Deerassic Classic in Cambridge? We've attended 3 years in a row now and have a Great Time at this event. We stay in the Campground and pretty much live Deer, Beer and Concerts for 3 days...... www.deerassic.com Just curious with as many deer fanatic's we have, figured a few of you go, have gone, or thought about going in the future?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Didn't see much nakedness inside (Except Diane showing her boobies once or twice) nor any drugs....... The campground at night gets a little wild though. Nothing ya can't tolerate on a few beverages...... The Concerts are always good.

A good friend of mine goes every year. I had the impression it was VERY expensive to attend, but after looking at the info, a $20 ticket will get you in the door. My friend led me to believe that it was $100 to get in and it was by invitation only....apparently we missunderstood each other.

Just the same, I don't care for paying that much to shop. It would be like having a $5 cover charge to shop at Walmart. :smiley_depressive:

Bowhunter57

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
A good friend of mine goes every year. I had the impression it was VERY expensive to attend, but after looking at the info, a $20 ticket will get you in the door. My friend led me to believe that it was $100 to get in and it was by invitation only....apparently we missunderstood each other.

Just the same, I don't care for paying that much to shop. It would be like having a $5 cover charge to shop at Walmart. :smiley_depressive:

Bowhunter57
Free tickets are fairly easy to obtain. I usually get about 8 of them a year. Woodbury's in Coshocton has them for free with like a 40.00 purchase. They do not get you in the drawings though, and you have to be in the gate by 2 pm. You can still shop, meet a lot of the TV personalities and see a 2 act concert in the evenings. Some of the deer they have in the pen will leave you speechless. We buy the 200.00 tickets which covers all the drawings and your food on Saturdays~~ Yet to win a big prize, but did win a pistol once. The 50/50 drawing on Saturday Night last year, the winner's half was a little over $80,000 dollars.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've always said I was going to go, but have never been. Not sure I can stomach that much pimpology in one place....

I always get asked if I am going TOO, and I never go. I heard its pretty lame besides the raffles.

I went for the first time last year. IMO, it's extremely lame. The raffle would be ok to enter, but sitting around all day staring at the stage is boring, even while drinking. And there were hardly any vendors there at all. It was disappointing to say the least. I'll never go again. I can sit around and drink beer at home...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We go with a pretty good group and stay for 4 days. I can see where going down for just one day could be a bit boring. We're so busy visiting the board members we know, the regulars who camp in the same place every year and carrying on cause we don't have to drive, I rarely look at the stage until the concerts start.

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
Never been but the guy at their booth in Harrisburg gave me and my brother free passes to get in. I've thought about buying tickets for the raffles off their site since I doubt I'll go.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
This thing is held not 10 minutes from my house, I have been to it acouple of times with the free passes, there is not alot to do during the day but watch the billboard for your numbers if you bought them, not alot of vendors, it probably would be alot different if ya camped there the whole weekend though. I'm really not into the big crowd thing, some friends around a fire drinkin a few refreshments is great but when you get that many people in one place I get alittle nervous.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
This thing is held not 10 minutes from my house, I have been to it acouple of times with the free passes, there is not alot to do during the day but watch the billboard for your numbers if you bought them, not alot of vendors, it probably would be alot different if ya camped there the whole weekend though. I'm really not into the big crowd thing, some friends around a fire drinkin a few refreshments is great but when you get that many people in one place I get alittle nervous.[./QUOTE]

Why, can't pee under pressure in public places? LMAO

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
If you drink enough....you can Pee just about anywhere I'd say. We don't even pay attention to the crowd. Those 4 days are about US!

epe

Lancaster
If you drink enough....you can Pee just about anywhere I'd say. We don't even pay attention to the crowd. Those 4 days are about US!

I barely remember peeing on a brick street down at Ou during halloween. So yes if you drink enough, you can pee anywhere :)

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Anybody going this year?

I decided to give it a go this year. Hoping it's gonna be a good time. I'll be with some buddies from deer camp so I'm sure we'll make the best of it. :smiley_cheers: