Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show us your "Man Cave"

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is where we host many parties.

My kids invade too much, hence the mess on the floor.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I will post a pic of the barn tomorrow. I need Capt out here to size me up to have it straightened out. It has a small lean. It is from 1915! I have neglected it since we moved in.

Beentown

Last edited:

rrr

Hahahah I charge a shit ton for barn work! You couldn't afford my work. This summer we put down a 120 x 60 metal roof at work, I was in charge since the salesman (cant hate him, he got me the job) reminded them that I did it for 2 years....my coworker laughed and said "Sorry bud, now that you know how to do it, you will do it once a year." Seriously though, I'd take a look at it and give you my opinion for what its worth (not much)

Nice man cave...though there's no primitive cave there! I am cool with you bein a Stillers fans I just hope you dont waste your time watchin them damn penquins.... and that Coors should be an Iron City or a Ying if you're really a stooler fan :D

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I will post a pic of the barn tomorrow. I need Capt out here to size me up to have it straightened out. It has a small lean. It is from 1915! I have neglected it since we moved in.

Beentown

That kind of work is fun. A few years ago I had to jack up the straw shed on our barn and put a couple posts under it. Put 4 20 ton jacks on cribbing under a 60' beam and proceeded over a few days to lift it 10 inches to take the sag out. You should of heard her creak and grown on the way up. She's a heavy sucker with a slate roof. When we were done the beam was within a 1/2" of straight the entire length.

badger

*Supporting Member*
For now my man cave is my workshop. I have branched out to the other side of the basement with a tv, surround sound but it doesn't warrant pics like yours Mike! Once I get further, I'll update. By the way, that's a nice hang out ya got!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't really have a man cave either. My office is where I spend a lot of time. It is in the basement, but not really decked out like yours. More just a functional work space. You know, very cluttered, but I know where everything is. My shop is 24x32 and is heated with a fridge. It is more just a work shop though. We have drank some beers in there, but nothing like it was before I got married 10+ years ago. Used to have an old man that could barely see or hear that lived behind me. We had fun at night on the old pond behind my shop. He never knew what was going on. Not that we did anything destructive, and actually kept an eye on it for him. Just typical late night pond shenanigans not to be mentioned on the internet. I have a 30x50 pole barn too, but it is not heated, nor does it have electric. Basically just cold storage. When we need lights we just turn the lights of the tractor or skid loader on to see. I have a section of my attic which will eventually become my man cave. It is only 10x10, but perfect to setup a work bench and do some reloading or work on a bow. Mostly just clean my guns in there now. Store some stuff in there, but nothing too fun. If I ever finish it, I plan on doing so with knotty pine from floor to ceiling. Vaulted ceiling due to attic space and knee walls should add character. There is also a dormer in there which was more for curb appeal from the road as you look at the house and to let some light in there. Should be a nice little room to sit back with a laptop, cup of coffee, small tv, hunting books, and firearm cleaning area. One day I will finish it. Probably just before we sell the house. We currently have no intentions of selling anytime soon. Sure would be a nice selling point if we ever did though.

rrr

Not any competition to those and not really a man cave, but this is my space - my "office" here at school. The room that my roommate and I are in this year is actually two rooms, with a bathroom in between and this old "bathroom" off the second room. It's big enough for my desk, a shelf, chair, and some rubbermaids. I can touch both walls from either side, but for being at college it's great. I can't tell you how many people are jealous of this space! I love it.

Where the work happens...

The whole thing is covered with posters, but those two are my favorite. A classic WWII pinup and my girl Taylor. The next part of the wall is covered with hunting pics and the other one John Deere.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice man cave...though there's no primitive cave there! I am cool with you bein a Stillers fans I just hope you dont waste your time watchin them damn penquins.... and that Coors should be an Iron City or a Ying if you're really a stooler fan :D

I don't watch hockey at all. I would also venture to say that there wouldn't be as many Pens fans as there are if they weren't winning.
The Coors sign and the Michelob sign were won at a fair when I was about 12 or 13 with those dart games. I held onto them all these years with plans to hang them in my bar.
As far as Iron Shitty... I can't drink that stuff. My brother loves it, but not me. Ying either. I'm a Coors or Bud guy. But, I'll drink anything when I'm thirsty enough.

I did alot of saving up for my cave. We started it right before Halloween last year and finished it up right before Christmas. I have two older brothers that live in my neighborhood. This is our hangout most weekends. Lots of football and baseball are watched here.
The friends head over and then it's a party. Good times!