Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

March Bowfishing Madness!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well, it's official... Thanks to Carpn, I'm no longer a bowfishing virgin. We made a trip up to the Sandusky Bay area yesterday for a day/night combo shoot, and it turned out to be well worth it. In total, we ended up with 100 bowfin or so, 80-100 carp (common and buffalos), a handful of goldfish, and even a few nice bullfrogs. Jake shot a couple carp in the bay that each weighed a whopping 39 pounds!!!

Here is some of the footage from last night... Enjoy!

[video=youtube;EBy4Rd6UWKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBy4Rd6UWKw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jake's 39-pounders... (I was just holding them so I could be cool TOO)

Goldy...

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well done guys! Looks like fun! Curious what you do with them? Jake like to eat carp or something? lmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well done guys! Looks like fun! Curious what you do with them? Jake like to eat carp or something? lmao

Lol. Let's just say they drift on down to carp heaven... that is, if there's not a log jam in the way somewhere. Jake could elaborate on this... Poor guy had to deal with barrels of fish all by himself this morning.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Bet they'd make a great bait pile for the yotes...........Just thinking...........
Great Video TOO. Looks like you guys had a real good time.

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I put em in the woods behind my house as of now. I need to ask some of the local farmers if I can dump em in their fields . I always try to take em somewhere other than where we shot em. I don't like leaviNY where we shot em to start stinking

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Awesome guys...Sorry I couldn't go. I had to help dale and larry with some Scrap from the farm and a food plot, then I had to go to work 5-1:00.

That video was cool, the boat looks awesome!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Awesome guys...Sorry I couldn't go. I had to help dale and larry with some Scrap from the farm and a food plot, then I had to go to work 5-1:00.

That video was cool, the boat looks awesome!

Next time you get a chance, try to go... You won't regret it. The video turned out ok, considering it was from a cheap point-n-shoot digital camera... Some higher-quality video would have been real sweet. Oh and sorry there wasn't any video of me shooting some fishies... I know you were all excited to take notes on how it's really done. (that would be missing 25 out of 30 shots) lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I don't come to this thread very often but I really like what I see when I do. Awesome pics Jim, and thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a blast.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Not sure. I wanted to go up to Erie tonight or tomorrow nite but the forecast didn't look good. Might try and get out one nite next week or next weekend.