Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

electronic callers

rossbows

Was looking at electronic callers for coyotes what's your brand choice? I liked the fox pro but they are pricey. There are some cheaper brands. I don't want to spend four hundred on one or buy a piece of crap. What's your input.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I bought the Flextone Echo HD from Cabelas this winter and it has been a pretty good caller. I'm yet to kill anything over it, but I'm confident that is a "me" problem and not a caller problem. The caller itself is good and loud, but it can also throw the calls out softly by turning off one speaker. It has more calls than I will ever need, but has the right ones for the purposes that I bought it for. At $150, it was hard to beat the price. It is lightweight so it doesn't kill you to haul it around and the rechargeable batteries are always a plus.

My experience with electronic callers is limited, but I am 100% happy with this purchase...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunt...=SBC;MMcat104791680;cat104725980;cat104313780

rossbows,
Most experienced predator hunters will tell you that it's not if you'll buy a Fox Pro, it's when. They make an excellent caller, but the price tag is kryptonite, for me too. There has to be a decent e-caller that's competitive with Fox Pro. A phone call to someone in the electronic calls area of Cabelas, might be worth your time.

...or you could do some research on Predator Masters' Forums.
www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a Foxpro. It is very nice. It also has it's moments of frustration. I would think there has to be a decent e-caller in the $150-200 range that would do anything most of us would ever need. When I got mine it seemed like there was a wave of competition heading towards Foxpro. I hesitated to spend $150-200 only to find I should have saved a little longer and bought the $4-500 Foxpro. Looking back, several of them have gotten some good reviews in the last 2-3 years. I probably could have gotten away with one of them. Would have been my luck 2/3 got good reviews and I chose the turd of the bunch. lol

rossbows

Here is my gun all set up and caller im ready to kill.

Attachments

• gun set.jpg
    gun set.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 177
I have a foxpro scorpion and love it. I would have not spent that much money on one but I had about $200 in cabelas gift cards that made it a little easier to swallow. It came with 50 preloaded sounds, some you will never use, but it stores up to 200. I have already downloaded 10 new sounds since I got it in january. And you can download them right off of foxpro's website. My only complaint is that 100 yards is its maximum range with the remote. And if you run both speakers at the same time you will drain the batteries quick. Make sure you always have extra batteries.