Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For Phil: Big Wood; Small Wood

Buckmaster

Portage
One big red oak
Big splitting job
Equates to 2 cord wood (double stacked)
Results will be a nice warm butt at Deer Camp in 2012.

Attachments

• Big Wood.jpg
    Big Wood.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Big Split.jpg
    Big Split.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 270
  • Finished Oak.jpg
    Finished Oak.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 244

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
thanks once again for sharing your wood Ben! i am heading out to the shop to stain some wood and put some clear coat on some other wood here shortly. Just need a cup, some ice, and then I can mix in the Crown and Coke already in the shop fridge! Mental note: I must remember to bring in the Crown when i come up to the house tonight. Guys don't need to find it! haha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hahahahahahahahaha

Poor Huck. I believe he was the victim of some random drunk texting last night. Sorry bro!

Shot the wife a text: "I don't think I'm gonna make it ti church"
Her: What's wrong?
Me: I'm real

Never finished or hit send. Hahahahaha Oops.

Huckleberry Finn

Poor Huck. I believe he was the victim of some random drunk texting last night. Sorry bro!

Shot the wife a text: "I don't think I'm gonna make it ti church"
Her: What's wrong?
Me: I'm real

Never finished or hit send. Hahahahaha Oops.

The fact of the matter is that you were bragging about drinking the good stuff while I was drinking the cheap...and who got sick!?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't know that I would call it bragging. i was teasing you and giving you a hard time. Doesn't matter how "good" it is if you drink too much of it. I think Nashville with Jackalope and my buddy John was the last time I was that bad. June until March between good drunks isn't terrible. Might have had a couple strong buzzes in between, but flat stupid drunk? Been awhile.

Huckleberry Finn

I know what you mean bro...and yea, you've got to get on the horse or get off of it...I got stupid drunk earlier in the week anyhow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Note:
Dale was first to post on this today, followed by Phil, then Steve......so who had the rough bottle last night?

Momma worked last night. I had to get up with the kids. I was up at 8, which would have been 9 yesterday. Probably wouldn't have but I had to pee like a racehorse. Then I KNEW I had better eat something. lol

You still have some big wood there Ben. :smiley_crocodile:

Buckmaster

Portage
You still have some big wood there Ben. :smiley_crocodile:

Thanks Phil...and for the record I was out playing with my wood at 8 am this morning. I'm almost finished with my project and ready to move on to my Spring projects at Deer Camp. At that place the job list never ends...if anyone every wants to show up for a little R&R and a little work (with beer in hand) I'll be there the 24 & 25th of March for 2012 deer season kickoff.

Buckmaster

Portage
This was my first morning to sleep in in 3 weeks, so I made it count!

24th? Buy my gas and beer and I'll come down!

Hey now, one must remember a poor college kid last year that had a free invite last year to deer camp with hopes to kill his first archery deer. Camp zip code is 43917....in the heart of utica and marcellus country.

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

Hey now, one must remember a poor college kid last year that had a free invite last year to deer camp with hopes to kill his first archery deer. Camp zip code is 43917.

And I appreciate that invitation and might take you up on it if I'm a NR this coming year! I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest, or else I'd be there. Dad was trimming trees and knocked down an old peach tree in the back yard today and I wished I was home to be doing yard work with the old man!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Blood, sweat, and sore muscles is always a good days work for me. I sit behind a desk for 45 hours per week. On weekends, I vent, celebrate with grilled deer meat, and beer. Life doesn't get any better than this.

Amen!

I'd come up and join you, but I am doing the same thing you are that weekend! It's a LONG list of chores!!!