Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Checkmate...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I think I might have pushed too hard too early and ended up with a serious surprise when I checked the cams yesterday. Look who showed up! He is coming from and going to an area we have covered pretty well. I'll make another camera move in a few days and see if I can't narrow his travel down a little. I scouted in the rain last night and found where I think he is traveling across the beans based on large droppings and tracks. (He leaves 3 deep tracks and 1 half-assed one which makes him easy to track.)

This could get interesting before it's all said and done. Oh wait, it already got interesting!!!

Coming from the creek...

Headed back that way...

Coming from the creek and doing it early. If he is bedding where I think he might be, he is on his feet in shooting light to get here...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like your latest camera move was worth it. Now hopefully this next move will seal Crazy Rack's fate. I think you've got a good game plan going here, man... make your move soon before he throws you a curveball! (That is, if you're not a good curveball hitter... most catchers aren't LOL)

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Looks like your latest camera move was worth it. Now hopefully this next move will seal Crazy Rack's fate. I think you've got a good game plan going here, man... make your move soon before he throws you a curveball! (That is, if you're not a good curveball hitter... most catchers aren't LOL)

Ha! Never was!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just let that curveball get deep in the zone and drive it to rightfield... Unless it's a hanger... Then put a coat on it!!!

Oh, sorry we're talking deer here. WTF kinda rack is that?!?! I've never seen one even remotely close. That will be a cool kill for sure. Good luck!
Maybe he'll throw you a fat fastball and you can just sit on it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just let that curveball get deep in the zone and drive it to rightfield... Unless it's a hanger... Then put a coat on it!!!

Oh, sorry we're talking deer here. WTF kinda rack is that?!?! I've never seen one even remotely close. That will be a cool kill for sure. Good luck!
Maybe he'll throw you a fat fastball and you can just sit on it.

You hang it, we bang it!!! LOL

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds like things might be coming to a head Jesse. Hang in there and you'll be taking CR's queen and he'll be shit out of luck. Goodluck! Jar my memory about CR. Much history with him? Age?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Sounds like things might be coming to a head Jesse. Hang in there and you'll be taking CR's queen and he'll be shit out of luck. Goodluck! Jar my memory about CR. Much history with him? Age?

First pic was July 29th...

One of the last velvet pics I got of him was August 30th because I had to move my cam...

I saw him opening night when he laid down in my shooting lane. No shot. Three nights later, I move in on him and caught the collar on my jacket as I went to anchor. He was 20 yards broadside and I hit a tree 5' behind him, 20' off the ground. I never even drew a bead on him. He started avoiding the cams, so I made a move. He showed back up this week in the pics above.

I think he is 4.5 based on our encounters, but I don't see that in the pics. I honestly feel, and the pictures do not do him justice. I'm 100% comfortable saying he is at least 3.5, with my personal belief being 4.5 based on what he looks like at close range.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
He came through Friday morning at 3AM headed from N to S along the fence line. I also got video of him early Thursday morning at a scrape 40 yards from the tree I was in the night I had my miscue. These two cams are 400-500 yards apart. So he is covering a lot more ground than expected.

Who knows. I hung two sweet sets at our farm today, so I'll be anxious to see how those work out. One is a great observation stand. The other is tight to cover on an oak flat. Found several fresh rubs and two good scrapes. Hung the stand and a camera, so we'll see what's going on. The acorns were unreal, but I was in there too long for my likings.

Again, who knows?!?