Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The WINNER is...

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
Well, the time has come for us to announce the winner of our Pay it Forward turkey hunt giveaway. Let me start by saying never, in our wildest dreams, did we expect this to be so difficult. We had some amazing nominations and stories come in. Each one of them touched us, and were deserving of this hunt. So a big thank you to all who wrote in! Having said that, there was one story in particular that moved us greatly, and to say it was heart breaking would be an understatement. A story came in about a gentleman named Dale Mozena (goes by badger here on TOO) and the loss he recently had in his life. The loss he suffered was his hunting, fishing and trapping partner, his best friend and someone who brought tons of joy to his life...he lost his 17yr old son, Zach Mozena. All of us here at FAFD are very excited to have Dale and his wife Joie out for an incredible weekend of turkey hunting as we try to get Dale on his very first turkey with a bow. So, lets all hook and pray, and believe for an amazing hunt with this family and that Dale shoots the biggest bird he has ever seen! We also want to say a big thank you to Steve Irwin (goes by Huckleberry Finn here on TOO), who wrote in the nomination for Dale and his wife. Because Steve took the time to Pay it Forward he will be receiving a certificate for a free pair of boots, of his choice, from Rocky Boots, congrats Steve. We also want to thank Rocky for their generous donation towards this event and this forum for allowing us to post the information and the contest here. Thanks Joe and Jesse!

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That is down right awesome..... Thanks Guys from the bottom of my heart..... Dale hears hoping a great weekend for you and Joie.....

Sorry I forgot Huck..... Sorry man.... Thanks for writing that up for them man.... True friend indeed.....

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
Congratulations Dale, Joie, and Steve. Way to go FAFD and please place your blessings on Zach as he watches over us.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
i don't know who the other choices were, but I think you guys picked an excellent recipient for this hunt! Enjoy your hunt Dale and Joie.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Dale, we are all going to have a ball on this hunt buddy..God bless you and you're family. I hope we can make this a hunt you and your family remembers and can cherish forever!

and Steve, Great thing you did man. Good job!

Huckleberry Finn

Badger brother I can't tell you how happy I am. I wasn't expecting anything in return...I can't tell you how much of a blessing it was to get your call the other night telling me "So...I just got a call..." haha. That said, thank you to Rocky for the boots!

My hat is off to F@FD, and good luck Badger! We're all gonna be on pins and needles that weekend!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Badger brother I can't tell you how happy I am. I wasn't expecting anything in return...I can't tell you how much of a blessing it was to get your call the other night telling me "So...I just got a call..." haha. That said, thank you to Rocky for the boots!

My hat is off to F@FD, and good luck Badger! We're all gonna be on pins and needles that weekend!

You got that right! Congrats, Dale... I truly hope that that trip turns into the best turkey hunt of your life.

badger

*Supporting Member*
My hat is off to Dale, Wayne, and the others at FAFD. Huckleberry, you will always have a place in my home, camp, truck, boat, you get the picture brother! That applies to all my friends here at TOO, and my new friends from FAFD. I can't put into words what this means to our family, but I hope to someday.

For now, a truly heart felt Thank You is order.

Dale & Joie

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Dale,
Don't you go falling so hard for turk. hunting you forget about the deer!
Congratulations!

Guess Huck will be leaving some old boots at someones home soon. lol
Well Done Steve.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Dale, Huck and FAFD....This is Awesome and words could never even cover the emotions that swirl in your head on something like this. I TOO hope you take the Biggest Gobbler Ever! God Bless You and Your Family! Huck, I don't even know what to say.....You are definately the kind of man who helps to make a difference in this world. Good Job Buddy!.....Damn Good Job!