Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Queers upset with Urban

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/os-urban-meyer-ohio-state-apologizes,0,1535458.story

Urban Meyer apologizes to LGBT community for slight

Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer sent an apology letter to a lesbian and gay advocacy group on campus for his plans to use lavender football jerseys as a form of punishment to players in practice according to 10TV.com and the OSU campus newspaper, The Lantern.

The lavender jersey would be given to a player caught "loafing" - or a moment of deceleration - for the second time during a conditioning drill. The concept was created by Ohio State strength and conditioning coach Mickey Marotti. The school will now use a different color.

From Urban Meyer's apology letter:

"Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the purple mesh pullovers," the letter read. "The use of purple was never intended to be used to offend anyone, but since it has, we have taken steps to change the color.

"Please accept our sincere apologies.
We have core values of respect and honor within our program, and these are two principles that are central to my personal life, my coaching and to Ohio State and its athletics programs.
Bias has absolutely no role in how we think or operate."

The president for the campus LGBT group, Scarlet and Gay, said the group was disappointed in the choice of color for the practice jersey upon learning about it after a Feb. 15 press conference.

"It's more about us standing up for a social justice issue," Scarlet and Gay President Tim Valentine told OSU's campus newspaper, The Lantern.

Valentine added, "Lavender is associated as a feminine color, so it deals with masculinity," Valentine said. "It would appear, if (lavender) was the color (of the mesh shirts), that the coaching team is trying to say, ‘If you are loafing, if you are not performing up to par then you are performing in a feminine way, and so we are going to label you with a color that makes you non-masculine."

Were the OSU lavender jerseys appropriate or inappropriate?

Appropriate. People are overreacting and being too overly politically correct these days.

Inappropriate. It was insensitive and Urban Meyer was right to speak out for change.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Fugg em all make them wear whatever color the coaches see fit.... scarlet and gay.... give me a break.....

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I would from here on out make them wear a rainbow colored jersey.......give them fags a real reason to bitch.

Lavender......ohhh it's so offensive!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I would tell those queers as soon as one of them makes the football team that we will change the color......and then make them fill out one of these reports.....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What a bunch of shit. I just wish that one of these days someone would step up to the plate and not give in... Tell these bullshit activists to go pound salt. If you don't like what's said or done with the program, don't fuggin pay attention to it. The softening of America continues....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What a bunch of shit. I just wish that one of these days someone would step up to the plate and not give in... Tell these bullshit activists to go pound salt. If you don't like what's said or done with the program, don't fuggin pay attention to it. The softening of America continues....

You mean pound mud?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It was more about getting publicity than anything else! Dang queers...

Ding ding ding! Winner winner, chicken dinner!

I did like gern's complaint form though. Might need to get one of those for the shop.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
he is gonna have to drive a white volkswagon jetta convertable to the game to satisy them.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I would have told them to mind their own business, what happens inside the practice facility is the coaches and teams business only in my opinion. If someone on the team was offended, different story... Urban should have told the guy to go blow somebody... but he probably would have enjoyed that too much.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This is the most stupid thing I've heard of in a long time. Fuggin queers and their pathetic feelings. It wasn't even intended towards gays to begin with!!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If he gives to this pressure what is he going to do when he loses a game? The OSU fans will ride you harder than a fudge packer!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
What a fucking Joke!! Would Urban send them a letter saying he was offended by their choise of sexuality and I am sure there are some real flammers there or the way they dress or act. Fugg them. It would be like us writing to GM telling them that newest car looks gay, take it off the market!