Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First sheds of the year (matching)

Sheds1.jpg

Found this matching set today right on a woodline. They weren't 20 yards from each other. We were starting to set up on a coyote stand and I saw the first one and as I was picking it up I looked over and saw the other one. I did the same thing last year during turkey season, but that set was much smaller. This deer should be an absolute stud next year.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heck yes he will be a stud! Nice mass! Nice length and beams! Good luck getting after him!

Great find and your defintely smoking Cottis' azz on sheds.....

The sad thing is this is a pretty new property for me. The fall will be the first time I hunt it for deer. I found these sheds probably within 1/2 mile of where cotty shot his buck last year. I sent the picture of the sheds to him yesterday and he said he definitely didn't have this deer on camera.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice set! Looks to be a perfect set to rattle with too. I bet they have a nice ring to them if you'd bring them together and grind on them alittle. Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
New property to hunt? Big set of sheds from an unfamiliar buck? Sounds like just the challenge most deer hunters look forward to! If it was easy I know I would be doing something else. Good luck!