Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Custom Made Home Entertainment Center

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Well After remodeling my basement family room, which included moving a wall my TV use to sit on, I was left with a problem, where to put the TV?? We have this little offset on one of the walls and figured I could build an Entertainment Center for it. My wife looked at a hundred different designs and picked 4 and I used Google Sketch up to draw my own set of plans and design, once my wife approved I assigned a group of students to build this wonderful thing.

I purchased 5 sheets of 4x8x ¾” Premium Oak Veneer Plywood. Along with 20 feet or so of Oak trim and crown molding, I went with a nice wipe on dark walnut stain to match the new doors and trim in the room. I also went with a Glossy Water based Clear coat, and a whole bunch of LITTLE CRAP to build this thing.

Here is the base of the cabinet : It is around 102” long and 24” deep and 84” tall. It was just clamped together to see how things fit. I made it so it comes in 6 pieces so it was easy to move around if needed.

I am about to head to lunch I will try to post more stuff up later.....

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Each of the top sections has a puck light in it. But It isn't anything to look at.......

Right now we are staining and putting the doors together for the lower section, then we will hang them and finish put the shelves for the bottom section, then it will be time to clear coat it and attach the hardwear and backing.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Very small rual school, that has great community support!.....Hope I can make a good run at it and keep it going for 35 more years lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sweet! You ready to bring that class out on a class trip to hang my moulding so I can finish Geoffrey's room? lol