Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3D Shoots...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Here are some shoots that I am planning on going to. If you wanna add ones that you are wanting to hit add it on here.

3/14 Indoor 3D Handle Bar Ranch Mt. Gilead

4/21 Crooked Run outdoor 30 target

4/28 Cardinal Shooting Center IBO World Qualifier

5/5&6 Allen County Archers IBO World Qualifier

7/13-15 Cardinal Shooting Center 2012 3rd Leg IBO National Championship Triple Crown/WQ

7/28 Crooked Run 1st Annual TOO shoot

That is all that I have planned so far. I want to add more in May and June. I always had a lot of fun at these shoots. Add away fellas...

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
This summer theres a 3D course up at the Hocking Valley Sportsman down here by Athens. You can shoot it any time if a member's with ya and theres shoots every other weekend. I'm not sure on the dates but as soon as I find out I'll post em up. It's a pretty nice course with 30 Rhineharts stretched throughout the woods.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This summer theres a 3D course up at the Hocking Valley Sportsman down here by Athens. You can shoot it any time if a member's with ya and theres shoots every other weekend. I'm not sure on the dates but as soon as I find out I'll post em up. It's a pretty nice course with 30 Rhineharts stretched throughout the woods.

Allow about 6 hours to walk the damn thing though! Holy shit if that ain't the longest course on planet earth!!!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Allow about 6 hours to walk the damn thing though! Holy shit if that ain't the longest course on planet earth!!!
It can take a while to get through, especially if you have a big crew..and decide to stalk chipmunks lol. Well worth the walk IMO though.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Charles, are you still thinking about shooting at Broken Arrow in Newark? I may be in the area this weekend...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cool. My wife is thinking about visiting her friend down there this weekend and getting a hotel for the night... If we go, I'll hit you up.

So your wife and her friend can enjoy themselves in the hotel?

or. . .

So Beener can stop by the hotel to service you, err, I mean your wife?

Wait a minute, I really don't want to know. lmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So your wife and her friend can enjoy themselves in the hotel?

or. . .

So Beener can stop by the hotel to service you, err, I mean your wife?

Wait a minute, I really don't want to know. lmao

Shit, either way you look at it, it's a win-win for me. lmao

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
28 targets. Facility is nice but now big enough for a serious indoor. Great practice though. 17 to 32 yard shots. I basically was one pinning it. Made me rethink my setup, pins wise.

Huckleberry Finn

28 targets. Facility is nice but now big enough for a serious indoor. Great practice though. 17 to 32 yard shots. I basically was one pinning it. Made me rethink my setup, pins wise.

Good to know...that's closer to me than Cardinal but it's nice to know that there's an indoor place somewhere close.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

That's why I've been kicking around the idea of an HHA Optimizer instead of the sword sight... For most hunting situations the one pin would be just fine, but I do enjoy stretching it out while I'm on the range. So I really don't know yet what I'm gonna do...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am not regretting my sight choice....just the yardages I have it set at right now. 20, 30, 40, 50, 75

Just trying to figure out if I am going to with tighter pins at different yardages or keep the kentucky windage with a better sight picture. The 11 ring is awefully small on the turkey and groundhog targets. And if you use a moveable sight in IBO and move it then you go to another class. Just a thought...