Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camp Rex?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mike has plenty of cabin rentals and camping area available. Anyone interested in putting together a group to help with the over population of deer in the Athens area? I am dead serious about heading down that way this season. Since I am going, and I know others are leaning that way, we'll need a place to stay and we might as well send some business to Mike R. Any thoughts? We can call it deercamp (mr). :)

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mike has plenty of cabin rentals and camping area available. Anyone interested in putting together a group to help with the over population of deer in the Athens area? I am dead serious about heading down that way this season. Since I am going, and I know others are leaning that way, we'll need a place to stay and we might as well send some business to Mike R. Any thoughts? We can call it deercamp (mr). :)

Sounds interesting to me.

mrex

*Supporting member*

Remember, I can only accommodate 640 of you.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I better change the dead bolt combination on my tree house after each and every visit if any of you guys ever hunt my tree house. lmao

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't know. Heck, we have a pretty long archery season, and deercamp(mr) could be open all year to accomodate I suspect. I will likely spend the rut right here at home, but would like to get down there throughout the season several times to hunt. I like to shoot stuff, so any opportunity to get out and try is welcomed by me. Maybe it would be a good idea to put together an opening weekend thing, a Halloween gathering, and a lates season one too.

I see it as a win-win. Good, clean fun.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Undecided at this point. Mark me up as a "maybe". Not sure I want to eat a deer that isn't corn fed. You guys have a local FHFH chapter in Athens? I could donate a SE Ohio deer.