Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Keeping up with Riverdude.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
OK when I saw Riverdude got himself a new truck I thought "Hell if he can get one so can I!"

So here it is...
3/4 ton GMC. 6.0 liter gas, 6 speed transmission. Heavy duty trailer and plow packages.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Where are ya gonna put the grandkids sam? and BTW i thought this thread was headed a completely different direction:pickle:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So did I Milo! rotflmao Very nice Sam! What engine does it have?? :smiley_bike:

So did I, and it says 6.0L JEffro! Dang kids can't even read the fine print anymore. lmao

Nice truck Sam. I just sold one similar in white with about the same equipment package. It was an 03 model though. You got the newer body style. You will like everything about it but the fuel mileage. Good ride. Good power. Not too bad pulling a load.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Well my old Dodge with a tail wind on the interstate would get 11 MPG. I'm hoping this will do 3-4 better, but we'll see. A neighbor bought the same truck last year, traded in one 4-5 years old. He farms and pulls a lot of trailers. He said the newer 6.0 engine was much stronger and better MPG then his last one.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
So did I, and it says 6.0L JEffro! Dang kids can't even read the fine print anymore. lmao

Nice truck Sam. I just sold one similar in white with about the same equipment package. It was an 03 model though. You got the newer body style. You will like everything about it but the fuel mileage. Good ride. Good power. Not too bad pulling a load.

LOL, I could not read it, guess I need to get new glasses.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats Sam, post the picture of the first dent/scratch :smiley_clap: Congrats on the purchase and glad you pulled the trigger on one.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well my old Dodge with a tail wind on the interstate would get 11 MPG. I'm hoping this will do 3-4 better, but we'll see. A neighbor bought the same truck last year, traded in one 4-5 years old. He farms and pulls a lot of trailers. He said the newer 6.0 engine was much stronger and better MPG then his last one.

I got 10.8mpg with my 2003 model. . . once. . . on the interstate. I hope you do better. 4.10 or 4.11 gears didn't help me at all. Pulled whatever we needed, but never missed a gas station. haha

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What is it with farmers and regular cab GMCs?!? LOL! I swear every one I know that farms full time, owns one! My grandfather-in-law included!!!

Good looking truck Sam! I'm sure it'll pull the chrome off of most anything!!!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Cotty's 4 wheeler would look good in the back of it Sam.
Thats where the grand kids could ride.