Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Annual TOO Bow Shoot at Crooked Run Archery Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd like to start with a huge "THANK YOU" to our very own MAO (Marcus) for offering to host the TOO community at Crooked Run Archery Club this summer for a bow shoot. I have no doubts we are all in for an outstanding time at this shoot, so I'll thank Marcus now!!! :smiley_clap:

We have been tossing around some ideas for a TOO bow shoot at the Cardinal Center that would double as a bow shoot and educational venue. So this offer from Marcus came along at a good time. I do not have a ton of details at this point and I'm sure things will develop as we get closer to the shoot. We do know that the shoot will be July 28th, so mark your calenders today and start planning for it! As things develop, we'll be sure to add them to this thread.

Crooked Run Archery Club is located at 44894 County Road 55, Coshocton, OH 43812. We'll have access to camping and a place to do some fishing when we are not shooting. I believe there will also be a shoot the following day at the Coshocton County Sportsmans Club, so we'll have plenty of chances to lose some arrows that weekend!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
A TOO outing is always a great time! We had a blast down that way last summer. I hope to make it to this event.

By the way, congrats on the 17,000 post Jesse...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It's not a TOO bow shoot without the cooler lmao

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
HAHA! I didn't want to put it in the first post, but I almost did!!! LOL! Time for the Cardinal pic so people know how we roll!!! :smiley_crocodile:

9 miles from our farm. But I don't wanna be lit in front of G-Ma on my wifes side. lol Camping it is!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Jesse that means we could still do the topo thing on this farm...just a thought. 350 acres of some serious terrain

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Damn... this may get expensive! I may have to dig out my old aluminum arrows or whiddle some out of wood.

We can usually find them pretty easy. It's when they start bouncing off trees and center punching them that we begin to lose some.

Last year at cardinal there was a 40 yard standing bear target, at 20 yards there was a 2 inch sapling leaning over about 5 feet off the ground. I watched 3 guys center punch the damn thing. lmao.

On another target we were shooting about 15 yards to the left of the stakes through the woods. I think the shot was about 30 yards but there was a hole about the size of a basketball to shoot through. Three of us shot low and missed the target putting three arrows in a very tight group in a stump. lmao

Kaiser878

ohio
Ive been down and shot with Marcus at their club..Awesome place..Lots of good terrain...THe lake is also beautiful and is an overall great set up for a shoot.. But ya gotta watch out for the local shark shooting the Strothers!!!!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I sure hope Marcus knows what he got himself into!!! :smiley_crocodile:

Looking forward to it bro. I will get some pics up of the property here soon. I am also proud to annouce we will have 30 spanking new targets to sling at. Should be a great time. FYI- BYOB.... Yes Beentown it is permitted... More details to come soon.. Stay tuned..

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Also if you want to Google Earth the property, its technically across the road from my address 44894 County Road 55 Coshocton, OH 43812... Club house is the big red roofed barn behind the big pond.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Also if you want to Google Earth the property, its technically across the road from my address 44894 County Road 55 Coshocton, OH 43812... Club house is the big red roofed barn behind the big pond.

Awesome... Looks like it's only an extra 20 minutes further from me than the Cardinal Center! :smiley_clap:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got it set on the calendar. This will be TOO mich fun. Misswd Cardinal last summer, not missing this one.

Marcus it has been too long since.we have hung out and tipped a couple back. I will say somethong to Austin and see if he is up to the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.