Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New broadheads for 2012

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Okay here are some of the new heads out this year that I am going to give a try...

VPA 2 blade ...can't wait for this one

This is fred Eichler's head. This one will be on for testing

And one from last year ...never got to kill a deer with this one.

going to get some here soon and see how they shake out. going to start early this year to build my new hunting setup.

what do you all have planned to look at or try this year?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Jesse, your avatar got me.

I will probably stick with the tried and true Crimson Talon XT. That Fred Eichler head looks interesting though.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Going to stick with testing out grim reapers, I think i want to try new arrow's and start shooting more.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
[video=youtube;w8-UGskoHz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8-UGskoHz8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

They just seem pretty smart.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That first head you posted looks pretty damn tough, Milo... Actually looks fairly similar in shape to a Steel Force Phathead.

I've got some plans for this season coming up. I need to put some new ProLine cables and string on my Z28 and retune it of course. I'd also like to get my hands on a chronograph so I can try my hand at supertuning this rig. I'm hoping I can pick up a set of black NoGlovs so I can put those on the string in place of silencers or speed nocks. I've had awesome results with the Flatlines so far, but I keep telling myself I'd like to try a heavier arrow shaft... so that may be in the cards as well. As far as broadheads go, I never got a chance to shoot a deer with the Stingers this past season, so I'll be sticking with those... maybe picking up a new set or sending the ones I have to SCO to be sharpened.

Oh, and I can't seem to keep my eyes off the AT classifieds either. Everytime I look there are Strother Infinitys for around 350 bucks... I think the next side job I get I'm going to pick one up just to have one. lol

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thinking about going heavier for next year.

HT-2 .300 spines @ 28" 9.1 grains per inch
Wraps front and rear
150 grain broadhead

Should be pushing 480-500 grains