Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got the ball rolling

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well I decided to head out and look for some sheds at a spot where we didnt do a whole lot of hunting this year. I didnt hunt here at all actually, but this is where Dad hit the buck we couldnt find. Anyhow, we got there a little late but my confidence was still high in finding a shed. Cassie and I walked up a mountain of a hill and checked a few bedding areas and logging trails before popping up into a little field on the top of the hill..

Headin up the hill

As it laid..

Cassie..she has no idea what a shed is lol

Creepy old grave yard at the top of the hill

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's pretty cool. Congrats on the find man.

Old family plot or just a single grave up there ? Would be something cool to do a little research on sometime when your bored.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice work Taylor! Can't believe you drug Cassie up and down the hills. Ol' girl looks to be about your age. lmao

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Honstly I couldnt tell ya, I know the one said something Morris, I didnt read any others though, it was about dark and I had to poo haha. There was probly 5 or 6 graves, then the bigger one.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Nice Find! Looks like you had a good time even if it was short. I walked for almost 3 hrs today and all I got was one golf ball! And lots of scratches~

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Ya know the more I think about it, I'm not sure. If i was a bettin man I'd say last years. Mainly because the bottom of it had the faded brownish orange color where it had been sitting.. And you can see all the chew marks on it, but the color and freshness of it makes me think this years. Heck idk.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I believe once the shed dries, you can tell more. Seems like last years are usually stained where it touches the ground and this years will dry out to natural color. I could be wrong but that's how I look at mine.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
TOO bad every one you find you'll have to give back to me lol..if you find any
And it's all good Phillip..i know that old age is gettin to ya haha.