Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wheelchair Man robs store, gets stuck in sand.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
CHIEFLAND (CBSMiami) – A Chiefland man’s cunning plan to hold up a convenience store with a knife all went south, according to police, when his wheelchair got stuck in the sand behind the store when he tried to make his get away.
The Chevron clerk told police that 22-year old John Christopher Champion, who was wearing a Gators hat and Gators sweatshirt, had been going in and out of the store for several hours in his motorized wheelchair. Just before 10 p.m., the clerk said Champion piloted his chair behind the counter and demanded cash from the register as he brandished a pocket knife.
The 54-year old clerk said she fought back and in her struggle with Champion she stabbed him three times in the leg before he overpowered her. He then allegedly rolled out of the store with a 12-pack of beer and a roll of electrical tape.

When officers arrived, they found Champion stuck in the sand behind the store drinking a Bud Light Lime, according to the Gainesville Sun.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/02/20/wheelchair-man-charged-in-convenience-store-robbery/

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
lmao

I guess he should have used the electrical tape to tape the knife to his hand so the clerk couldn't take it and stab him 3x lol.

Not a very good get away especially since he had practiced the get away for a few hours before he finally did it lol. Guess he missed a turn or over shot the sidewalk with his speedy weelchair get away lol.

Huckleberry Finn

Why, why, why would you steal Bud Light Lime??

I guess BL Lime doesn't get top shelf placement, so that's all he could reach!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If that ain't a WTF moment, nothing is!!! :smiley_crocodile:

I can just see him with a 6er of BL lime in his lap, straight rooster tailing sand from the back of his scooter chair.. :smiley_crocodile:

"Somebody Jump on the fuckin bumper!!" lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I think the moral of the story is if you ever get robbed by a knife wielding man in a wheelchair.. Don;t stab him in the legs.. HE CAN'T FEEL THEM! lmao

Knife sticking out of his leg "Doesn't matter got beer"

epe

Lancaster

I think the moral of the story is if you ever get robbed by a knife wielding man in a wheelchair.. Don;t stab him in the legs.. HE CAN'T FEEL THEM! lmao

Knife sticking out of his leg "Doesn't matter got beer"

Kind of what I was thinking. She must have been a blond.