Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cracked Monitor

Huckleberry Finn

So, to complete the dumbass award of the month and to cap off a pretty shitty week, I bumped my desk tonight and knocked my monitor off...put an indent in the screen.

Has anyone had any luck getting these repaired, or am I better off searching for a new one?

If anyone has a used flat panel monitor that they are looking to sell, let me know...

...I think it's time to just go to bed!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have a NIB CRT 21" monitor all else fails you can have. Takes up space but is very crisp. Came with a system a few years ago and never used it. Kept it around as back up.

Huckleberry Finn,
Unfortunately, monitors, keyboards and a mouse are all pretty much disposable computer items. If they malfunction, pitch 'em and get a new one.

I just built a new "hot rod" computer with components from Micro Center, in Columbus. When I got it together, up and running, I found out that my excellent condition HP bubble jet printer wouldn't work with my new system...because it's not Windows 7 compatable. :rolleyes: So, I had to go to Walmart and purchase a newer printer.

Good luck with your monitor search! :)
Bowhunter57

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Admit it Steve, your old man shot it up with his .45 because you were disrespectful. Where's the video?

:smiley_coolpeace:

Huckleberry Finn

Admit it Steve, your old man shot it up with his .45 because you were disrespectful. Where's the video?

:smiley_coolpeace:

Trust me, I'm sure I'll come up with something funny to do with this one!

Beener and Cottis - thankfully it was my additional monitor, a 22 inch widescreen, so I can still use my laptop. Just makes dragging documents a lot harder. I don't have the room for a big monitor but I appreciate the offers!

Last edited: