Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FS First sheds of the year a MATCH!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I finally felt it was time to start my shed hunting season today but still feel its TOO early yet but I need the exercise and I'm getting ansy.lol

I swapped two cards today and did a little nosing around a few fields to day and found my first two sheds that happen to be a match set. They were laying about 20 or so yards apart. Here are the ATL pics:

The other side is at the center top of pic:

Leftside:

Rightside:

Not great mass but nice tine length. The brows are short but the G2 and 3's are 8.5 to 9.25" in length.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very nice man. A great find to have a match set.

Will be heading out next weekend myself to find them since they are starting to show up on cam gearless now.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would say no! I'm thinking 80% or more are still carrying but the jury is still out. I hear many stories of people still seeing bucks with both sides even. I haven't been able to locate the bucks feeding areas yet to catch them on TC to see for sure in my area. IMO, hit the fields but don't tramp around too much in he bedding areas till March.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Good Job Ric! Glad to see you find a match set. Sure would be nice to fine them like that all the time. But that's what makes it so good when it does happen. Usually look for days trying to find the other side. I'm real glad for ya..... Hope you find many more........

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
In all honesty I don't think he was. The sheds were lined up with a trail cutting thru a small finger separating to cut beanfields. They are actually laying near the edge of the closest beanfield to a known bedding area where the beans didn't fair to well and I imagine he was on his way back to his bedding area when they just fell off a seconds apart.IMO