Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE 2005 Mercury Sable

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
2005 Mercury Sable for sale. My parents bought it new. They always maintained it well. I have also maintained it well since our purchase. Just swapped the original tires last week. 68,500 miles out of the properly rotated, balanced, and inflated tires. Only reason to change was the fact a steel belt let loose and it started to feel like an Amish buggy going down the road last week. Point being, this car has been taken care of. Outside of the tires, I put a battery in it two years ago, and changed the oil every 3k. Hate to sell this one, but our family needs have changed. Due to this, our vehicle needs have changed.

Interior and exterior are great. Maybe a couple tiny stains on the carpet. Nothing horrible. Have to look for them. Pretty much as could be expected on a used vehicle used to tote around kids. Honestly surprised with how well it cleaned up. I did notice a chunk of paint on the front bumper missing. About the size of a nickel or so. Only major flaw would be the rear bumper. Picture is attached. Someone should have pulled in the garage about 3-5" farther. No names, but I will say it is my wife's car. Probably a few stone chips or something if you look hard enough, but really couldn't find anything when detailing it. Very nice car with 68,500 miles. Never wrecked.

$6500 or reasonable offer. No trades.

Attachments

• drivers side front angle.jpg
    drivers side front angle.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 125
  • hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 125
  • doors open.jpg
    doors open.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 118
  • front seat.jpg
    front seat.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 135
  • back seat.jpg
    back seat.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 151
  • drivers side rear angle.jpg
    drivers side rear angle.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 149
  • bumper damage.jpg
    bumper damage.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 140
  • pass side front angle.jpg
    pass side front angle.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
So, your wife didn't pull into the garage far enough before putting the garage door down, huh Phil?rotflmao

With that being said, how are the brakes?

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Brakes are good. I checked them every time we rotated the tires. Roughly every 10-12k miles. I will dig in my records. I might have swapped the pads on the front once. The car does not pull left or right and there are no pulsations. I can pull the tires and check brake pad life for anyone if it is a concern. I won't let a $40 set of pads or a couple $50 rotors let the deal fall apart if someone is concerned about them. This has been a great vehicle for us.

For the record, I didn't say my wife was the one with the garage door incident. I just said it was her car and I rarely drove it. lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.