Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First shed of the year

Gordo

Athens County
I was fortunate enough to get out to my main farm today with the sole purpose of pulling a cam.

I decided to take a different route then the usual in hopes of snagging a shed, and sure enough i got lucky as shit and managed to find one of a deer i am familiar with.

I'm confident ill find the other one given the time that i need, but just didnt have today.

Needless today im ready to start covering ground to find my first matching set ever.

Here's the pics. Nothing to spectacular but enough to light a flame under my ass to get out there and love life a little more in our great out doors! Life is good!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328936400.939158.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328936440.201032.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328936471.910793.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice Gordo! Love the color and length! Goodluck with the other side. I havent been out yet, might get out this weekend or next. Congrats!

Gordo

Athens County
Thanks buddy. It was really a fluke of a find. It was about a ten minute walk to grab the cam up. I think I've made the mistake of looking too early too many times and disturbing the area. I was hoping the cam would tell me if it was go time or not, but sure enough the batteries shitted out about 2 weeks ago. Slacker mistake on my part. I'll b out there asap going for that other side regardless!

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Great find Gordo. Always nice to be surprised by a shed when you are not expecting it. I have found four so far this year, one matched set was found by fluke just like yours. Still pretty early to be looking, but i am bouncing off the walls to get out there. I wish they would shed already!! From what I have saw or heard about, I think 70% are still holding their antlers yet in my area, which is pretty normal this early in the year.

Duck Commander

Grats! It's nice to see how shed hunting keeps growing in popularity. There's a good bit of information to be gained by finding them.

Gordo

Athens County
Well about 30 miles later I haven't found another one! Been going to every prop I have access to trying everything. Either way it's a great time to be hiking around the woods. I have a lot of stand adjustments I need to make and am gonna get on that sooner then later.

My one buddy stumbled across a gnarly one behind his house. My guess is it had some kind of injury witch caused the wacky rack. I'll post it up here on my phone.