Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL $20 in a pop can...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
we do at the paylake , we can shoot out to 550 yards , its 305 yards from the shelter to the back bank of the second pond , a good day with no wind i can put 5 shots in the bottom of a pop can

Good to know. I haven't been able to give mine much of a long range test yet. Would love to have a range where I could at least shoot out to 250-300yds. Pretty much have to find a farm field somewhere and just set one up for yourself. Haven't taken the time yet.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
my best was 5 out of 6 shots

At which range? Not to call you out, but, well, I am calling you out. You are talking about roughly a 2-2.5" group at 505yds? Maybe you should have been a sniper. Is this open sights? I am just saying, I am not sure many are capable of this unless they are competition shooters or snipers. I know I am not of this caliber. 100yds? Yes. 200yds? Maybe on a good day. 300yds? 500yds? Umm. . . nope. Not this guy.

Free bump for you Cob. Beautiful gun I might add!

At which range? Not to call you out, but, well, I am calling you out. You are talking about roughly a 2-2.5" group at 505yds? Maybe you should have been a sniper. Is this open sights? I am just saying, I am not sure many are capable of this unless they are competition shooters or snipers. I know I am not of this caliber. 100yds? Yes. 200yds? Maybe on a good day. 300yds? 500yds? Umm. . . nope. Not this guy.

I think(stress the word THINK) he means 305yrds..Which I would think is still pretty dam good out of a 300$ rifle..

epe

Lancaster

I have the same gun more or less. Dad sighted it in for me at 100, and was breaking eggs with every shot at 200.. Not sure why he decided to shoot eggs that day lol... They were a load he worked up.. I can usually shoot fairly close to him....I have never shot over 200 myself... But I could see 300, with a good high powered scope and good benchrest... Who knows.. Anyone else shoot push tacks at 100 yards?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have the same gun more or less. Dad sighted it in for me at 100, and was breaking eggs with every shot at 200.. Not sure why he decided to shoot eggs that day lol... They were a load he worked up.. I can usually shoot fairly close to him....I have never shot over 200 myself... But I could see 300, with a good high powered scope and good benchrest... Who knows.. Anyone else shoot push tacks at 100 yards?

EPE- Not saying it cannot be done. You sound as if you shoot with some consistency and are a pretty good shot. I like Mark (uglykat). I am just guessing he has not been working up his own loads and shooting off a bench rest. If I had to guess, he is only on his second box of ammo if not still on the first. I am not knocking him up side the head just yet. I just want to know what yardage he is shooting at, if he even has a scope on there, and I am just curious as to some of the details surrounding this story. Gotta love UK for who he is. Nothing wrong with accepting every person on this site for who they are. However, if you have read some of his stories of missing deer over the years and some of his adventures of chasing down deer with a knife in hand. . . well, sometimes you just have to bring Mark back to reality.

Time to come clean UK. Nobody is buying this story of 5/6 at 505yds. Fill us in bubba.

305 yards , bushnell banner 4x12x40 , bench rest , 55 grain remington express cartridge very little wind , sorry if i mislead any one on the yardage wasnt meaning to , the max range at what we can shoot at the range is 505 yards

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'll take the same action please. That is hitting 2.125 inches five out of six times from 305 yards...exit holes don't count as a hit...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell, I'll mail the $20 directly to UK along with a box of Lucky Strikes for the old lady as long as Cotty agrees to chaperon the whole deal!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Maximum 3/4 MOA rifle. Match ammo. Bench mounted gun vice. zero mph wind. Doable. But highly highly unlikely.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.