Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's almost that time..

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It'll be another month before I get TOO fired up to look for sheds. Most of the bucks I am seeing are still carrying their antlers. I have a lot on my plate this month with a couple remodeling jobs in the works, so once I finish those, I'll be out there...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I was going to do a little looking today while checking cams but my son is sick and home from school today. Guess it will have to wait until next Sunday.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It'll be another month before I get TOO fired up to look for sheds. Most of the bucks I am seeing are still carrying their antlers. I have a lot on my plate this month with a couple remodeling jobs in the works, so once I finish those, I'll be out there...

I would say 75% of the bucks behind the house dropped their antlers between the 26th and the 5th. I only have four bucks on cam still carrying, and at least that many, and probably more with stumps. They dropped them quick!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Sheds Day 1.jpg

Work was slow so I got out for about 1 1/2 hrs this morning. Found this nice 8 x 4 and a little dink. Gonna set a few coyote snares and take another walk through a different spot for sheds.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I will probably wait until the end of the month or first week of March.

JD will have them scooped up by then.. Word is he's doing concentric circles. As much as he's in the woods he should be in your area in 2 weeks time. lmao Fugger won;t even pick most of them up.. Just hang them on a branch. So here you come be-bopping along thinking you found a hanger.. :smiley_clap: Nope! Just a JD special. lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang nice set you got there Rick! Most are still carrying down here! They like to hold onto them longer here so's I have a harder time finding them during greenup!:pickle:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went and checked cams and the one buck that showed up this week was carring still. I have no clue where all the bucks have gone to. I guess they are laying low and getting ready to start shedding soon. Guess I will be looking Sunday and see what I can find.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bought geoffrey some rubber boots tonight at Tractor Supply. All three kids now have some shed hunting boots! We are ready to hit it! Just taking our time as I am still seeing deer in fields and on camera with their racks.