Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

next years target

matty636

mville
what's the thoughts

Attachments

• 100MEDIA36IMAG0082.jpg
    100MEDIA36IMAG0082.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 317
  • 100MEDIA36IMAG0084.jpg
    100MEDIA36IMAG0084.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 100MEDIA36IMAG0087.jpg
    100MEDIA36IMAG0087.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 278

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My thoughts... :smiley_chinrub: Rotate your pics first next time. lmao

Just kidding, man. That's a hell of a buck right there! He'll be a real monster next season... If he sticks around, that is.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
he will be around lives on a no hunting property doesnt travel very far

Take it from someone with TOO much experience in this department, deer disappear and die all TOO often. Don't hold your breath on this one. I hope I'm wrong; just trying to inject a little reality...

matty636

mville
i just got the buckscore software used it on the left pic grossed 181 with out using abnormal tines any one agree thats close?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
i just got the buckscore software used it on the left pic grossed 181 with out using abnormal tines any one agree thats close?

How does the software work on a picture? Would think you would have to have an actual shed or something to get it exact. Anything else would be nothing better than an educated guess IMO. But never heard of that software, so fill me in!

There is no doubt in my mind that that deer doesn't gross at least in the mid to high 170's.

matty636

mville
my thoughts also but i did alot of research on it took them about 10 years to develop is what i got out of it but they use the eye or ear your choice as a controlled number have a view selection of 90 45 and straight on i tried to do a shed but that leaves you with no reference eye or ear but i scored my own mount then used that software and it was with in an inch but i had a nice close up so im sure picture quality is a factor

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Ahh I see, so probably using the average distance between the ears or eyes, or the length of an ear or an eye, taking that average length and using it as sort of a "key" to measure the tines with. Makes sense, thanks!