Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just saw something crazy

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not 5 minutes ago my youngest daughter said "deer,deer,deer and not kiddin' you daddy!" So I ran over to our back window of our living room and a group of 6 bucks were making thru our woods not 50 yards away from our house. The largest being a 110 inch 8 0r 10 and 3 to 4 small 6's and the rest either spikes or forkhorns. not a doe or button in the bunch. It also appears all of them had both sides still.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nice pick up for the young 'en!!! :smiley_clap:

I have seen more "yarding up" of bucks this winter than I ever remember seeing. Strange given it has been a mild winter...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I saw 4 back in a bachelor group last weekend. Then a couple in a yarded up group of does play sparing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cool stuff Ric! I wish I could find the bucks yarded up. I think once I do, I will find multiples.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It was the first time since the fall of 2010 I had seen any bucks in the woods behind my house during daylight hours. I have scrapes and rubs but that is done under darkness.

Yeah, little Shelby has been taught well and has excellent vision and is always looking.lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Most of the bucks I have been getting pictures of lately are running in groups, although the two big guys seem to be loaners still.