Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bobcat pics

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I need some help from some of you that have been getting pics of bobcats on your Trail cams. I need your ok to use the pics and if you would ,give the county and direction within the county ( northern,eastern western southern ). No names or road names will be used so you dont have to worry about your TOP SECRET HUNTING HOLES are,lol. I am getting information from a lot of other sources and will share it with you guys when I get it all put together so we can see where the trend seem to be.
If you could email me the pics and county at nwtf59@yahoo.com that would be great or I can pull them from here if you would just add the county so I know where they are from. Like I said, no ones name will be used or will there be road names used, just the county and what part of each county. Thanks guys for the help.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I did hear about the one by Pataskala. I also had a woman email me that lives east of there by the drag strip that says she has seen 2 by here house for the last year. This is turning out to be pretty cool to know all these are this close . Thanks for all the help so far guys. I am hoping to hear about a lot more.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I firmly believe the ODNR is releasing Bobcat's like the Otters......... I sure hope so......They are an awesome animal. I live close to that dragstrip.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
kscn0001.jpg kscn0002.jpg

Camo.... Here is a couple pics of the one we had for a house pet. They make a great pet, you just have to spend a lot of time with them in the beginning (several hours every day). My vet said I had the best mannered bobcat he ever took care of.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
View attachment 5746 View attachment 5747

Camo.... Here is a couple pics of the one we had for a house pet. They make a great pet, you just have to spend a lot of time with them in the beginning (several hours every day). My vet said I had the best mannered bobcat he ever took care of.

Dang! That pretty cool right there. My wife would go ape shit over one of those.

epe

Lancaster
I did hear about the one by Pataskala. I also had a woman email me that lives east of there by the drag strip that says she has seen 2 by here house for the last year. This is turning out to be pretty cool to know all these are this close . Thanks for all the help so far guys. I am hoping to hear about a lot more.

The one I heard about and saw pics of from pataskala was killed. Messed up story.....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This is second hand, but I know it to be true. I spoke with a hunter from the Woodsfield area last week that showed me pics of a monster bobcat on one of the farms where he hunts there in Monroe County. My cousin also heard one a month or so ago in western Washington County about 10 minutes from the one Greg got the picture of...

epe

Lancaster
The property we hunt near lowell the landowner has seen one several times this fall hunting, but not gotten him on camera...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Now I'm not a big cat guy, but one of these would be badass! Was it mean at all xbow?

I've seen a few captives and they were ALL mean as hell. There is a wildlife rehab center in Castalia called "Back to the Wild" where they have a number of bobcats, and the workers there told me that even the bobcats born in captivity turn mean before long... It's just part of their instinct. Looks like xbow must've had a pretty good one, but I sure as hell wouldn't trust one. At "Back to the Wild" they carry a steel snowshovel in the enclosure with them when it's time to feed the bobcats... for protection.