Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Almost time.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This weather is absurd right now. Dang carp are gonna think it's time to spawn before long. lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I hope to do some bowfishing this year. Veto Lake is loaded with carp and its just down the road. I can walk a good bit of it with waders, so it would keep me fairly occupied!!!

Huckleberry Finn

This is something that I tried for the first time last year with a good TOO brother, Badger, and had a blast doing it. Not really my thing to walk around in murky water (we didn't have ideal conditions) and I never did shoot at a fish but had a HUGE snapper in front of me... but it was a good time and something I'd try again

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I hope to do some bowfishing this year. Veto Lake is loaded with carp and its just down the road. I can walk a good bit of it with waders, so it would keep me fairly occupied!!!

I am hoping my Kayak is stable enough to stand up in. I have an old Jennings that would be perfect for bow fishing! Can't wait to hit Veto up for some carp action. Who knows, might even take some video...

lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Don't forget your crocs and fly rod...

:smiley_crocodile:

I'm gonna need at least two camera angles if I'm killing shit at Veto. Makes for better YouTube coverage!!! lmao

I was hoping my john boat would be stable enough to shoot fish out of, but that ain't happening. I am considering mounting a bass seat up front and build some outriggers for it so I could bowfish off the front. Some many ideas, so little motivation!!! :smiley_clap:

epe

Lancaster
Is there a big enough boat ramp to launch it? I have a 4wd so not too worried about the steepness or anything like thst

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Since I will have every weekend off now and am closer to Erie I should be able to take some of you guys out if your willing to drive up here and split gas expenses with me. This 3 dollar Plus gas hurts ya tween trailing somewhere and filling the boat. A normal Erie trip cost me over 100 to drive up, fish one night, then drive home.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
And Jesse, lay off the beers and you'll be fine. I used to stand up on the front seat of my canoe and bowfish...Lucky I didn't flip...lol.