Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prophets of Doom

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Watching Prophets of Doom on History Ch.

Scary Scary Stuff! :smiley_confused_sch

I'm not so sure... I have some relatives in Florida that are freaking out of the Myan calender coming to an end too. :smiley_depressive: Who cares? The Myans are dead, so who cares if their stupid calender ran out? If the Myans were still alive and their calender was about to run out...all they'd have to do is call Hallmark and get a new one. :smiley_blink: Problem solved!

I'm going fishing! :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'm not so sure... I have some relatives in Florida that are freaking out of the Myan calender coming to an end too. :smiley_depressive: Who cares? The Myans are dead, so who cares if their stupid calender ran out? If the Myans were still alive and their calender was about to run out...all they'd have to do is call Hallmark and get a new one. :smiley_blink: Problem solved!

I'm going fishing! :smiley_bril:

Hunter

Some say at the end their calender just resets and would start over. Not the end of the world.

The thing about this show is its touching on real things that are already "issues"
Combined or several together could cause a perfect storm.
Speaking of fishing; the one guy said they are actually finding Caffeine in some fish now in some rivers due the the waste treatment plants not really ever considering that so much coffee is in our trash and it making its way into our rivers...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am not putting any extra worries into it. If it ends, then it ends. I would think those fearing the end should have put a little more faith into their lives prior to December 2012. I will go on living the same way I have been living. Only two things certain in life: death and taxes and even these never really end.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Here is the little discription off the history ch. sched:

Prophets of Doom
Today's world has troubles unique to its time in history, from the global financial crisis to technological meltdowns to full scale, computerized global war. Observing the convergence of such events, contemporary prophets have begun to emerge from obscurity to suggest that these conditions might be signs of the demise of the modern world. These men are historians as well, using all manner of information and patterns from the past to provide context for where we are going. Their predictions interpret the current state of affairs in our world as evidence that the America we know may come to an end. The men proposing these ideas are not crackpots living on the streets of New York; they are intelligent, learned men who come armed with the evidence to back up their claims.

I thought it was worth the time.
Kinda makes you wonder. The segment spent on home robots helping us around the house had me thinking house cleaning and chores to sex slave... then they started for casting the learning curve and self awairness... That could get ugly.