Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cadillac Michigan...if ya got the fever!

If ya gotta go and can't wait until next year, then there's some good ice fishing to be had in Cadillac, Michigan. Depending on how far you wanna drive, etc., but it's about 5 hrs. from Lima, to give you an idea of the travel time.

There are a bunch of guys going from Ohio Game Fishing forums. The ice is 11"+, fishing has been good and lodging is available in the area. Econo Lodge is $54 through the week and $65 on the weekends.

Non-Resident fishing license is $34 for the year or $21 for 7 days.
There are 2 lakes... Lake Mitchell (2500 ac.) is on the west side and Lake Cadillac (1100 ac.) is on the east side of the town of Cadillac.
http://www.cadillacmichigan.com/index.php

If anyone goes...be certain to stop and eat at Chico's Taco House, on M-55 just west of town. There's no way you'll leave there hungry! The have a Wet Jr. Burrito that's bigger than the Big Juan at Banditos and just as good. :smiley_bril:

Just some food for thought, if you gotta have some ice fishing or bust. :smiley_chinrub:
Bowhunter57

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Funny you mention this, 57. I've been thinking of making a trip up there myself... not to Cadillac, though. I doubt we're going to get any ice action in Ohio this year so it may be our only hope. I'm thinking of going up to either Houghton Lake or Higgins Lake... which are both about an hour east of Cadillac. There are a bunch of great ice fishing opportunities up there in MI. At least that state is good for something.... lmao