Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Braved the frigid weather

Kaiser878

ohio
Tonight i figured I should go out and sit behind the house and see what I saw. About 10 minutes after I got in my stand all hell broke loose. 30-40mph winds with a complete whiteout. Tonight was probably the worst conditions I have ever hunted in. After about an hour in a half in the stand I saw 3 deer coming. Now, I usually wont shoot a yearling doe. But after braving the elements and enduring the wind....she started looking awfully delicious walking through the woods.....She got close enough and I told myself...to hell with it....she getting an arrow...

5 seconds later she made it about 50 yards....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice job. You are an inspiration. Because of you, I might hunt in the morning. Oh wait, that is because Grandma said she might take Geoff to school and it frees me up. lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats Zach! Not many hunted on such a windy day I bet, way to get it done against the odds. Not many deer were moving to I figure.

Kaiser878

ohio
Congrats Zach! Not many hunted on such a windy day I bet, way to get it done against the odds. Not many deer were moving to I figure.

Well I was watching the weather and yesterday was the second in a row of nasty winds...I usually wont hunt intial windy days, but I will hunt the second windy day in a row. I saw that a fairly good snow was gonna hit briefly and was supposed to clear off. So I braved the nasty whiteout and high winds. Like clock work, about 15 minutes after snow stopped and the sun came out so did the deer. At that time I was froze and miserable to I shot the first yearling doe I saw. She came in with 2 other button bucks. I sohulda waited for the nanny, but I was ready to be done hunting.....And she looookkkkkeeeedddd delicious!

THanks for the kind words all!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congratulations. I had my 8 year old out all afternoon...he didn't whine about the wind so I didn't either. We saw 20 turkeys or so, no deer.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nice job. I was sitting in the house drinking a beer when that storm blew thru. Went from clear to a whiteout then back to clear in 15 minutes here. Crazy. Don't feel bad. Yearlong doesies need wackiing sometimes too.