Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Appliance repair?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Anyone know anything about washing machines? our took a poop yesterday. It will fill and agitate, but wont drain. I'm hoping its just a switch or a relay not telling the pump to come on. Hopefully it's not the pump itself.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone know anything about washing machines? our took a poop yesterday. It will fill and agitate, but wont drain. I'm hoping its just a switch or a relay not telling the pump to come on. Hopefully it's not the pump itself.

I had a similar issue a few years ago with an old washing machine. It actually was the drain pump that I had to replace. See, inside the drain pump is usually a small plastic or rubber flapper... When the drain pump kicks on, this flapper closes off one side of the outlet (the fill side I believe) and directs the water to the drain outlet. Sometimes what happens is that little flap breaks after becoming brittle... so instead of redirecting the water, it just recycles it in the machine. A new drain pump is about 30-50 bucks, depending on make/model. If you can get the pump removed, you'll be able to see whether it's the flap that's broken or not.

Here's the website I use for appliance repairs... They have it all, and the shipping is very quick. http://www.repairclinic.com/

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
thanks for the response's. Hey hoot thats a handy site to have around. looks like its the lid switch. followed the advice given, fiddled with the switch a minute and its working. gonna have to replace the switch but thats an easier pill to swallow than a new washer.

gonna put that site on my toolbar.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
thanks for the response's. Hey hoot thats a handy site to have around. looks like its the lid switch. followed the advice given, fiddled with the switch a minute and its working. gonna have to replace the switch but thats an easier pill to swallow than a new washer.

Good stuff, man! I'd imagine a new lid switch would be pretty cheap. I don't know how they make the new appliances these days, since ours are all fairly old, but I hope they still make them to be repairable. I ALWAYS try to fix it myself before going with a full replacement. Shit is just too expensive anymore.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Ha. That's what milo said earlier but for some reason deleted his post. I restored it lol

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Ha. That's what milo said earlier but for some reason deleted his post. I restored it lol

i had an issue with mine and could not remember the issue and that came to my mind and i deleted it cause i'm gettin old...a lot of time dante people slam the washer dor down and teh switch breaks or comes apart..i zip tied mine and it worked for a year

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If you need a new switch down the road there is a place in mansfield on trimble rd. I believe that sells replacement parts pretty cheap. I will ask my F-I-L what that place is called again.

Huckleberry Finn

No new stuff in this house. LOL. I think we've had that washer 8 or 9 years.

Ha! You don't need new if it still works. I turned the dryer on last weekend and it didn't start turning...snapped the belt. It's only 26 years old, and still drying clothes. Talk about not making 'em like that anymore. Replacement belt was like $7.