Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vacuum Sealer

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
What model do you own? Do you recommend it. Do you wish you would have gotten a different one?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
got a food saver I like it. Just make sure to get as much liquid as possible off the food before sealing it. the vaccum pulls the liquid up and has a hard time making a good seal

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I usually double seal each end of mine. Seems like the thing is always over heating. I am often waiting for it to reset so I can seal another one. I have a Foodsaver. Could be something I am doing wrong?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Foodsavdr with the thicker bags. I recommend them because the standard ones tend to puncture when digging through the freezer. I love using the vacuum selaer except for the price of the bags.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I TOO have the Foodsaver. Got it on Ebay used for around $50.00...... I like that they are totally rebuildable and no special tools needed. I found bags much cheaper on Ebay. I get 400 quart bags for about $90.00

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Foodsaver here as well. I have no issues with it at all, but like others said, bags are a little pricey. I usually get a a big roll of them and cut them to the size I need, that way there isn't much waste.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Foodsaver here as well. I have no issues with it at all, but like others said, bags are a little pricey. I usually get a a big roll of them and cut them to the size I need, that way there isn't much waste.

Ditto on buying the in the rolls.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mike- I saw several models at Sam's Club last week. I was thinking from $99-129-149 if not mistaken.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Looks Good To Me Mike...... Like the Camo TOO! PM me an address and I will send you a few bags from Ebay to try......They are pretty thick bags....... That way you'll know if you like before spending any money. I seen yesterday you can get 100 bags with free delivery for about 23.00 if not sold out already. Rolls are cheaper there also.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here is a good link for you to use Mike if you decide to buy one via online. :)

FoodSaver GameSaver Bronze Vacuum Packaging System - Meat Processing

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Here is the one Milo is using if you decide to go with it. :)

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=theoh-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B001GP81R2" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Sorry dude, I click my own affiliate links at the walleye run site. :smiley_coolpeace: