Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

just about 2 weeks

Milo

Tatonka guide.
okay who is stall at it finishing up the grind? l know i am after 1 more...been a tough one this year for me time wise but we have the finish line in sight.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm still at it...want one more....but have limited time this weekend, prolly gonna be a short 2-3 hr hunt, then the following weekend all day Sat and Sun morn.
I hate having to be a weekend warrior hunter.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I'm not giving up. It's been a long, slow grind for me this year. Like Dannmann said, it's tough only being able to hunt weekends, well this time of year anyway. I only have two days left to hunt, the Saturdays left, unless I win the lottery, haha. My target buck is still around and carrying antlers, but is only showing up once or twice a week, and at unpredictable times. I have a few does around, but I keep missing them by a day, sometimes on both sides of Saturday.

Good luck to everyone going out this weekend and the rest of the year.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I would like to sit at least one more time. I really would like to take another doe, but if I do one more sit i really don't care if I dont even see anything. It'll just be nice to do one more sit before next season. I'm already focusing on shed hunting, turks and FISHING! :pickle:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm still trying to get another doe or two. I spoke with a buddy of mine yesterday... He said he's been having a butt load of deer come in to a bait pile, below one of his elevated blinds. I think we're going to try to tag team a couple slickheads next weekend and get them on film. I don't usually hunt over bait, but it's crunch time and I'm in desparate need of deer jerky! lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hunting or broke back mountain?

lol no.. We've found a bunch of does yarded up on one of his properties. We checked the cam last sunday and noticed they had been coming in at 5:45 sharp.. We we're there at 5.. Checked the cam and went to Wal-Mart to get more corn. Probably only gone 15 minutes. When we we're driving back we jumped them right in front of the cam.. They're hearing dinner bells, this weekend they'll hear a bow go off. :)

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I am couped up this weekend with the brats but will be going the following weekend pretty hard. Heading to the feed mill..

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I have four more days I can and will hunt and those days are Monday and Fri-Sun next week. I'm not giving up on it and despite hunting the whole season. I don't feel burnt out like previous years. If I connect on a buck, great, but I would like to at least fill my last tag if possible.

This season has been a success in many ways despite not killing a nice buck myself, and I can live with that. Heck, I've dealt with it for years, what's one more. lol

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I don't usually hunt over bait, but it's crunch time and I'm in desparate need of deer jerky! lol

Yep... I can relate Jim!! It's 4th quarter man, time to pull out all the stops and get after it!!

Took my daughter out a couple days ago to switch out memory cards at an urban zone spot. Batteries were dead for about a week & a half, but still got lots of slick heads coming through looking for more golden acorns, so we refreshed the area. Hoping for a nice, mature, doe to start making some jerky. The kids are really putting the pressure on for jerky & snack sticks!! Haha

I have had corn out since the day before The ATA show(forgot dates)..About 200 pics in that time and only 4 of them during shooting light all A.M pics...Not a single PM daylight pic!Thought this corn shit was supposed to be fish in a barrel?I tried it last year an had more daytime pics..In two years of trying bait I have yet to see a deer at the bait with my eye own...What am i doing wrong?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I have had corn out since the day before The ATA show(forgot dates)..About 200 pics in that time and only 4 of them during shooting light all A.M pics...Not a single PM daylight pic!Thought this corn shit was supposed to be fish in a barrel?I tried it last year an had more daytime pics..In two years of trying bait I have yet to see a deer at the bait with my eye own...What am i doing wrong?

Hasn't been quite cold enough, they don't HAVE to come eat off your pile quite yet. Also, if your area is anything like ours, hell we still have standing corn in some fields. If we had 5 inches of snow and it was 10 degrees, those deer would be feeding on your pile more than once a day I bet.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
it depends on where you put it also. they need to feel safe to come in the daylight. Hunt and scout the trails coming to the corn and try to get into their "daylight zone". This is a Cornskinner doesn't have a clue about.

mrex

*Supporting member*
lol no.. We've found a bunch of does yarded up on one of his properties. We checked the cam last sunday and noticed they had been coming in at 5:45 sharp.. We we're there at 5.. Checked the cam and went to Wal-Mart to get more corn. Probably only gone 15 minutes. When we we're driving back we jumped them right in front of the cam.. They're hearing dinner bells, this weekend they'll hear a bow go off. :)

Will the video of you shooting pregnant does in late January be included in your "call to arms" over dwindling deer numbers?